Packages have discrepancies in the same version

This is a short video showcasing the issue: Watch 2024-05-23 15-05-23 | Streamable

Packages that have the same VersionNumber and Status set to “Up To Date” should never have discrepancies between them. However, I am consistently finding that there are discrepancies. This leads to code constantly getting edited or wiped as changes are not always correctly updated to the package.

I have all Beta Features enabled except Assistance Previuew, Avatar Auto-Setup, and scripts non-strict by default.

I don’t think System Info / Repro files are needed as this is a cloud issue.

Expected behavior

I expect all packages that say “Up to Date” to be identical. There should never be instances where my code is deleted because of inconsistencies between versions.

A private message is associated with this bug report

6 Likes

The issue is really quite tedious. Let’s say I have a package we’ll call PackageA.

I have Instance1 and Instance2, both of which are instance of PackageA. Instance1 and Instance2 both claim to be ‘Up to Date’, thus sharing a version number. For this example, let’s say we’re currently on Version 10.

The problem is as it stands, Instance1 and Instance2 can have different code in their scripts despite both being Version 10.

Let’s say we have a script in PackageA.

In Instance1, Version 10, up-to-date, the script reads:

print("Hello world!")

In Instance2, Version 10, up-to-date, the script reads:

print("World, hello!")

If I choose to edit Instance1 and publish it as Version11, we’re now using Instance1’s version of this script. “Hello World” will be printed. I then update Instance2 to Version11, expecting “Hello World!” to be printed. However, half the time, it still prints “World, hello!”

This is disastrous. Changes in scripts are not being recognised. If I then edited Instance2 to Version12, it could start printing “World, Hello!” in PackageA. This has caused me so many headaches that I want to stop using packages altogether.

3 Likes

This is just an acknowledgment announcement!

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and will come back as soon as we have updates!

Thanks for flagging!

2 Likes