Packer plugin [Version 2.1]

Hello fellow developers! Today I was trying to pack my commission to send it over to my client and guess what. It took me 5 minutes to first group, then name, then group, then name and so on.

So I decided to make my second ever plugin called Packer!

If you have suggestions please tell me I will read everything :wink:

Link to the plugin : Plugin
Current version : 2.0

Showcase

21 Likes

I am planning to create something like this but you already did it, also mines would do something similar but instead of groups it will be folders and there will be an ungroup button which takes it to it’s intended place

I was gonna do the unpack later since I was just trying to finish commissions asap :smile:

3 Likes

Update version 2.0!
Added the ability to unpack packed objects.
The packed object must be a folder and have the name “UNGROUP ME”

It’s pretty good! I think it would also be good if the plugin put a README module in the packed model (customizable by plugin), as well as an unpacker script that the user can run in the command line, without needing an unpacker plugin.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, will try to implement it!

Pretty neat, though, perhaps I’d recommended to use Folder’s instead of Model, they serve job better in terms of organization

1 Like

Forgot to say, I did make it a folder now.

Annoying though, you can’t ungroup it.

I think you can since they added a group as folder option.

1 Like

Ever since they added option to group things as folder, you can now ungroup them with same keybind to ungroup models (Ctrl + U as default hotkey)

2 Likes

Update version 2.1
Added a readme module script so its easier for people who dont know

What do I add im bored and out of ideas