Page for Third-Party Analytics Services uses deprecated Google services

The following page instructs the reader to “Create a Universal Analytics property”, which Google states is deprecated and will no longer track data as of July 1st, 2023.

This makes the guide unfollowable as it doesn’t appear substituting the required tracking ID with the modern measurement ID works.

3 Likes

If you’re looking for an alternative to google analytics, you can try Super Biz Analytics & Custom Events (disclaimer: I work on this).

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and will come back as soon as we have updates!

Thanks for flagging!

2 Likes

Hey @Noobot9k, thanks for flagging this.

This page is now deprecated. It was originally drafted while our own Roblox Analytics were in early development, but now that our analytics services are more robust, using third party analytics is less optimal for users.

To your question, universal analytics property has been replaced by Google Analytics 4. If you’re still interested in using this third party service, here’s a link to their documentation:

1 Like

Using a third-party service for analytics is still valuable for tracking custom events. It’s a shame Roblox won’t update their documentation for it.

For anybody else looking, I did some experimenting to try and get modern Google Analytics working throughout this thread here. This can be a major pain though so I gave up.

I’m instead using Game Analytics which has an official implementation in Roblox.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.