Paid Access: Whitelist

More then once I have wanted to put a place of mine up so a select few could come and visit it, not all of these are friends on my friend list and not everyone is going to pay R$ to see a place either, but I myself don’t want to make it available to all to play because its meant to be seen by only a select few… Now I wouldn’t mind if others payed to see it, but I would like to have the ability to whitelist a few users from being able to have to pay in order to get access to a place of mine while making everyone else have to pay.

This is also useful for paid access beta testing games, where everyone including those on your development team have to pay in order to see what they made, which I think is wrong.

15 Likes

I made my own paid access thing before paid access became a thing. It wasn’t a perfect solution, but it is doable. I like your idea a ton.

1 Like

I definitely support this. Sure, it is possible to create your own pseudo paid access system with a whitelist by using a dev product/gamepass, but that still allows players to enter your game, in turn allowing them to leave a thumbs down (which they are very likely to do if you tell them “oops you can’t actually play unless $$$”). It would be easier to whitelist players for cases like this, instead of creating a system and then uploading to a brand new place to wipe ratings.

5 Likes

I think that this might be what you’re looking for and more.

“Your game is awesome!!! but i am tooo poor, plz add me to the whitelist :(”

I support, but I am afraid we will get a lot of those messages if it is added, and everyone finds out.

Bump.

(Come on this would be useful!)

Yes, please.

Perhaps a game could be playable only in VIP servers. Then you, the owner, could create one (with the free one the game owner will get in the future ahem), and you could invite your testing buddies that way.

I honestly prefer models that are subscription based as opposed to the current one time purchase sales we have now. This suggestion could pair well with a move toward new ways of monetizing and controlling access to games.

Uh, when did we start talking about models?

I think he means business models.

2 Likes

Oh, that makes sense now.