Paradise Mall now open

I’ve released my first “finished” project, Paradise Mall, as a beta - check it out and let me know what you think! It’s a social oriented game with small mini-games throughout. It was quite a learning experience, so any feedback is greatly appreciated - thanks!

screens

things I know about:

• UI is “just ok”
  • Performance isn’t great on low spec devices
  • Some functionality isn’t immediately clear
  • Could generally use more polish
9 Likes

I like it!

1 Like

I found a bug -

When you have to pick up the trash at the very beginning, it let me pick up 3 then stopped working. I then reset to see if that’d resolve it - and all the trash disappeared.

Here’s the client log:
984cb97ca4aa65db7ae6bc8c001d0ec7

However, the game looks very nice, great work! (:

I really like the game. I think it has great potential. Here is some feedback:

• The loading screen is bland and I really don’t like it.
  • Starting in the mall buying something might be more fun to users than starting in their dirty hotel room.
  • The arrow to help find the furniture store got me lost.
  • When the camera is pointing down in the room, the raycasting seems to break and you can’t place furniture or clean dirt. I think the ray coming from the camera is colliding with the ceiling.
  • The menus were easy to use.
  • The concept itself is really promising.
  • The build quality it great.

Keep up the good work!

More feedback:

• Two people in my server though the loading screen was broken.
  • I had no idea about the burger job until I wandered in. It was fun and could be included in the tutorial.
1 Like

I spawned on the roof of the building.

After resetting I actually got to play the game. For me, some of the shop UI didn’t work. Clicking the $ over the cashiers and nothing happened. – Well apparently you have to click the NPC, not the icon above them :woman_facepalming:

The building is very nice, but you have to find some way to lower the part count. Even on my PC I get lag.
I’d suggest turning some of the railings to mesh parts and having the collisions be box.

1 Like

I’m stuck at the loading screen despite rejoining twice.
Console doesn’t say anything.

This was due to an oversight with preloading, should be fixed in new servers

1 Like

i love the a e s t h e t i c

You can’t sit in the chairs? Other than that, pretty neat. I like the cleaning your room bit.

God, this music and the aesthetics are awesome.

However, aside from that, my prediction is that it’ll kinda just die like Terio did. Both are similar, and both don’t really have any attraction for younger players in my opinion.

Also, nice touch

Eh, I don’t really expect some breakout success - I’ve treated this project mostly as a learning opportunity, so it’s fulfilled its function as far as I’m concerned. If others like it too, that’s good too :+1:

The plan is to update this place with mostly just additional content as I work on my next game

@Benocular I actually think that’s some unexpected behavior with the Roblox seats, I’ve posted about it before. I didn’t really think it was worth it to recreate the welding system for the couple of niche cases where this happens

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this is intentional, but parts of the mall are poorly lit. However, I really enjoyed the game and played for about 15 minutes.

I really like it.

Good job! :smiley:

Boi :clap:

1 Like

Terio ain’t dead, I’m upadting it right now as we speak

ehem well this is awkward

and ok we’ll see

we’ll see

ur fired

no pls!!! ill be faith until the impossible time when the upadte has no results

1 Like

the game isnt even done smh