Part editing tool's dragging handles should be closer to part center

Howdy ; First off this is my very first suggestion on the RBXDev forums and I am sorry for my spelling mistakes and bad grammar , but it’s not my fault it’s the fault of the german education system .

So the Improvements that the Part moving tool needs are best to explain with telling ist current difficulty :

I am building replications of weapon models since nearly two years from now , and I always build my stuff in its desired original size ->So I nearly always work with part sizes lower than 0.2 studs .
Which leads to the problem that once I zoom in far enough to precisely move the part , its Moving handles are simply too far away from the parts center so I cannot drag them >-< : like seen in this pic :

Solution : It would utterly help if the Moving tool dragging handles get closer to the parts center when zooming in that close to a part and also get slightly shorter :

->Furthermore : Indeed i forgot to mention that actually all dragging handles of the three basic building tools need this Fix !

Also there is another exactly opposite problem : When zooming very far out and or working with part sizes higher than 200 ; the dragging handles
->Especially the handles of the rotate and resize tool are too far away from the object and often way too small to click them .

This results in annoying searches for the handles and in accidents like dragging a part instead of resizing it …why ever the resize tool has a built in dragger function ?? ;
Cause it’s dragging function was never ever even somehow useful !

27 Likes

Definietly useful. The handle distance should be proportional to the scale of the model.

6 Likes

This would be very helpful for building!

2 Likes

Yes, please.

2 Likes

Support, this would definitely make working in tight spaces or on detailed models a lot easier.

2 Likes

That’s a great suggestions! 100% support! :smiley:

2 Likes

This has to be thing!
Support

what about the selection boxes though? They annoy the heck out of me. It’d be nice if you could edit the selectionbox thickness.

3 Likes

or even better if they get transparent when zooming closer in …or a button to hide them ?

3 Likes

or an API for plugins to hide them to cover everyone’s use cases

3 Likes

iam sorry to bring this post back to life ; but this issues still exists and is only getting worse now that the minimum part size got lowered …

3 Likes