Part Flinging Character When Touched

Hello DevFourm, I have one simple problem, whenever I touch a part with my character, it flings me. Can anyone help?

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, does this happen multiple times, or every time? Sometimes roblox physics tends to be bugged, as youve provided no clip, I cannot determine further considerations for your problem.

I’ll send you a video of the problem.

1 Like

Is there anything inside your cube in the explorer hierarchy?

Yes, this is what the explorer looks like:

But when I replicated this with a blank part in a new place, it did the same thing, so I don’t think that could be the issue.

1 Like

I was reading another post, and im unsure if this could be a connection, but I would check this out.

Pausing Physics update causing Characters to Fling in game(s) - #13 by nxum

Okay, this looks like it’s connected to my problem. I’ll read through it.

A temporary solution you can try is to change you physics stepping method to fixed, as this seems to only happen when it’s set to adaptive. (Workspace > PhysicsSteppingMethod > Fixed)

Although you’re sacrificing some physics performance by setting it to fixed, it shouldn’t be noticeable unless you’re giving the engine a big workload.

You can set it back to adaptive once roblox truly fixes this. They’ve claimed it’s already been fixed, but judging by recent reports regarding this and the fact I experienced it just yesterday, their fix seems to be incomplete.

Definitely a really frustrating bug, especially for games that heavily revolve around physics and players interacting with unanchored parts. Really hoping they’ll release an official and permanent patch sometime soon.

2 Likes

I am experiencing the same problem. This issue presented itself after the ROBLOX update. It does not occur on any other objects, except for cubes.

do you think using cube mesh would change anything?

UPDATE: I think Roblox fixed it! I’ll keep this post open incase it happens again.