Part moves very slowly when my game contains a lot of parts

• What are you attempting to achieve? (Keep it simple and clear)
    Moving unanchored parts on my game that contains a lot of parts

• What is the issue? (Keep it simple and clear - Include screenshots/videos/GIFs if possible)
    it moves very slowly!

• What solutions have you tried so far? (Have you searched for solutions through the Roblox Wiki yet?)
    already searched but couldn’t find anything

the title explains everything, is there any properties at the workspace that could fix this problem?

Your title doesn’t really explain the problem at all? how are you moving the unanchored parts? How many parts are you trying to move at once? can you provide a video showing what you are trying to do?

Ok my actual goal is to make an npc chasing a player, but the npc moves very slow. the npc only contains 2 parts, the humanoid root part and the hitbox. and heres the clip:

as you can see the npc moves extremely slow when my game contains alot of parts

the npc moves normally if i deleted the parts and create an empty map, heres the clip:

i tried set the network ownership to nil, it makes the npc moves smoother but extremely SLOW

please help!

I doubt that part count is the issue, I don’t think you should run into any problems unless you have your instance count up into the several hundreds of thousands, and even then, if it’s all anchored then there shouldn’t be that much interference with pathfinding.

I think you should check the pathfinding implementation, but people over at #help-and-feedback:scripting-support will surely be more capable of helping you with that than I would.

only thing I can really recommend is that you check that every object that doesn’t need to be moved is anchored but I think you might already have everything anchored.

I hope this helped.
Good luck.

1 Like