Part Playground [V1.1.2]

Hello, everyone! If you’re reading this I hope your day has been going well!

Recently, I’ve been working on a small project to practice LUA and learn some new things. I feel I’ve put a lot effort into this project and want to show others this small project. The project is called “Part Playground”, where there will be a 500 random parts spawn at a random position within a 1000 radius stud radius. There are currently 11 different kind of parts and each one have special properties, such as explosive, toxin, and fire. The rest of the parts I’ll let you find out yourself, but note that there is flashing lights and loud sounds in the game, however you can disable them within the settings of the game. I hope you enjoy and please report any bugs within the game. I’ll be accepting any suggestions and feedback!

A lot more is planned for this project! I just can’t wait to show y’all!

Hope y’all have a great day!

6 Likes

Update Log:

Version 1.0.2

• Added Sprinting (PC only, mobile compatibility will be added soon)
  • Baseplate increased and Spawn radius increased
  • Fire blocks can now explode explosive blocks
  • Explosive blocks can now explode upon being hit by another another part from above.
  • Players ignited can now explode explosive parts.

Version 1.0.1

• Fixed Ignite Part only igniting one person
  • Fixed Toxin Part breaking after player dies
  • Fixed Balloon Part not being destroyed after being popped
  • Fixed Free Cursor not working
  • Fixed Text Label not disappearing.
2 Likes

Version 1.1

• Day/Night Cycle Added
  • Special Rare Parts Added
  • 4 New Unique Parts Added
  • Explosive Part has some new features
  • In game Audit Log Added
  • Settings now save after leaving and rejoining
  • Low Graphics & new settings Added
  • Mobile Compatibility for sprinting Added (located in settings)
  • Fixed “Note” not disappearing
  • Lighting effects added to glowing parts

Note: I’m aware there are some problems with the sounds and settings. I’m currently working on bug fixes for the next few updates. I’ll try to patch them as soon as possible! I hope you all enjoy the new content!

1 Like

This is the 2nd roll out of the Quality Of Life Update for Part Playground! There will be one more Quality of Life Update adding one more new special event part and afterwards I’ll begin working on V 1.2. I have a lot planned for this project!

Version 1.1.1

• Fixed Settings UI not synced up to the settings correctly
  • Fixed Settings not saving/loading properly
  • Fixed sounds not working
  • Fixed Part particles not showing up.
  • Added Admin Commands (Only available for admins)
  • Added Special Chat Events when a special part spawns
  • Explosion Radius is now dependent on the part’s size
  • Toxic Radius is now dependent on the part’s size
  • Colossal Part can now crush parts
  • Better Night time graphics
  • Added Ambient UI
  • Parts will now spawn in faster when under 250 parts.
1 Like

Really cool game! One thing though, since this game is locked first person, the particles from some avatars like mine can be kind of annoying and block your view

It is maybe just my fault though for having one of those accessories though, roblox should really fix this themselves rather than make devs fix it.

2 Likes

I’ll add a keybind where you can unlock First Person Mode to make it easier on people who have particles on their avatars

1 Like

Already loving this! I seem to be encountering a problem where you have to click on a part twice before you can move it. No errors in console either.
Could you maybe add more things around the map (such as a dummy spawner) so we can mess around with physics even more?

2 Likes

Yeah, sure thing! I’ll add a small area where dummies can be tested on for the next QoL update!

2 Likes

Small update leak on part playground, went silent for abit due to some scripts being problematic and having to do a huge bug fix and rewrite some of the code. So I wanted to give y’all a sneak peak of some upcoming features for Part Playground!
I hid some small features aside from the admin panel in this leak. Good luck finding them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Version 1.1.2

This update introduces a new part, along with an improved effect system, savable and editable settings. As well as admin commands and private server commands. If there are any bugs, suggestions or feedback you have feel free to reply to this post I’ll try to respond as soon as possible.
I hope y’all have a great day or night!

FAQ

Q:How do I know if I;m an admin?

A: There will be a small notice that will appear in chat saying you are a VIP or an admin and you’ll be free to use any and all commands!

Q: What’s next for Part Playground?

A: I plan to add Xbox compatibility, along with a whole brand of new parts, commands, effects, and much more! The next few updates will mostly be bug fixes and small editions for now. But on June 1st I will begin the development of a Summer update that will remaster a lot of the old features of the game. The summer update will be the full release of Part Playground and more updates will come afterwards. I just can’t wait to show you all my creative ideas!

Update Log:

• A New Special Part Added! :sparkles:
  • New Admin Parts Added
  • Removed Toxin part (due to performance issues)
  • Added a new and improved effect system!
  • New features to the Balloon, Null, Colossal, and Fire Parts
  • Added killable and immortal Dummies
  • Admin Panel Added
  • VIP Server Owners now have access to VIP only commands
  • New and improved settings! :gear:
  • Mobile Compatability!
  • Keybind Settings Added! (PC Only)
  • Donation Tab Added
  • Redesigned UI
  • Added Gun :gun: and Cat :cat2:
2 Likes