"Part-to-part strong joints" Ideas on what is creating these?

I’m being submitted maps containing these, however they are always anchored parts that never require welds. I’m worried that they maybe the result of a freemodel or a plugin. Has anyone noticed this before, and is there any way of disabling whatever it is that is creating these?

Much love, x

1 Like

It’s created by this setting in Studio:

Not a free model – just a bad default setting that noobs don’t know to turn off. Once created though, the only way to get rid of them is to call BreakJoints on the model, or, if there are joints you do want to preserve, iterate through model:GetDescendants() and delete any weld with “Strong Joint” in its name.

2 Likes

Why is this a default

2 Likes

Something about Roblox being a physics sim where everything in the world should be fully interactable, with this tool supposedly making it easier by welding touching parts together. The same reason why inserted parts are unfortunately inserted unanchored. As someone whose game is fully interactable like this, these should definitely not be the default, but that’s outside the scope of the thread.

It’d be nice if we could pre-set properties for each objects that then become the default insert

Coincidentally, I’m working on a bot that automatically uploads the latest version of the API dump + class icons / other reflection metadata to the site as a module so any plugins can access this information. One of the first things I plan to create is a custom Insert Objects widget for that very purpose.

3 Likes

This is why building assets like these are created: image

I also personally create a default part with the settings I need, and just clone it over and over. Because having to click Anchor after Inserting a new part (and in the past, making sure Top and Bottom surface are smooth) was really annoying.

Being able to edit the default should be default

6 Likes