Part with DragDetector not printing out collisions?

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I want to make a cannon so that when I drag the bullet in front of it and it touches the detector part in front of it, the bullet disappears and a currently transparent bullet that was already in the cannon appears so it looks like the bullet was chambered into the cannon.

2. What is the issue?
    https://gyazo.com/1b0efd454f3af97c59f514df3a9e6188
    Nothing happens, nor does anything even print out

DETECTOR PART SCRIPT

script.Parent.Touched:Connect(function(hit)
	print(hit)
	if hit:FindFirstChild("DragDetector") then
		hit.Parent = game.ReplicatedStorage
		script.Parent.Parent.Bullet.Transparency = 0
	end
end)
  1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?

I cannot find much on the devforum about drag detectors but I know that they are new and may be a beta testing object, but Iā€™m not 100% sure if they are anymore.

Please let me know if you know how to fix this or make it work.

1 Like

What type of script is the detector? Have you enabled RunLocally on the DragDetector?

The script of the detector is a server script, therefore I want everybody to see it, the RunLocally factor is disabled.

I assumed you used geometric, It works if u use physical.

the script is no problem, u just need to change the dragdetector from Geometric to Physical.

1 Like

if you dont like the way physical dragdetector dragging, i think maybe you could change up the settings to make it more simillar. And if you want it to not collide with each other you could use collision groups.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.