Particle Emitter can be put in a certain position with no need to be inside a part?

(first of all i don’t really know in what category i should put this so correct me if its wrong please)

Hello Developers! Nico once again here, with a little question.

I’m asking this mostly because i’m really curious.

Is there any way to put a Particle Emitter in a certain position with no need to it being inside a part? If there is, please tell me, i’m really curious and that also be very helpful! :smile:

Greetings, Nico. :fist:

You can put particle emitters under attachments and have the particles spawn at that exact position

1 Like

Thank you for your response!

Does that mean there is no way to position it all alone?

1 Like

What do you mean? If you put ParticleEmitters under a part they’ll spawn at a random position inside or outside the part depending on configuration.

yes it does mean exactly that yeah (it is like fire and smoke it does not show if it is not in something else. It has no position property)

I think i did not explain myself very well.

What i’m trying to make is to position a particle emitter anywhere on the roblox world.

As an example:

let’s say that i have a baseplate, in that world, i want to put a particle emitter in the position of (1037, 10, 37), but i’m trying to see if there’s any way to do that without the particle emitter being under a part nor attachment.

Then that doesn’t work because it doesn’t have a cframe and in the properties tab there is no “position” property

Now that’s what i wanted to know, i thought there was a way to do it but apparently there’s not, that’s kinda sad, since making a instance part consume more resources.

Anyway, thank you guys so much, appreciate it a lot :pray:

1 Like

attachment is basically like adding a position value bc that’s all it is. a cframe. so that would save space and resources.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.