ParticleEmitters Z Offset property not functioning properly

I need a particle to appear in front/on top of a model

For some reason the Z-Offset property does not function as it should be

I’ve tried messing around with the Z-Offset and more to see if I messed up with something but to no avail, I also looked around the forums for similar issues and I wasn’t able to. I think it has something to do with a recent studio update which probably explains why no one has pointed it out yet but that’s just my thought

Is anyone also experiencing this?

4 Likes

Its also happening to me as well and i hate it so much cause it basically halted my progress!!!

3 Likes

I’ve also been having this problem. For instance the particle lens flare things get messed up a lot by this. Along with a bunch of other things.

The zOffset on this particle impact is 2, which should be more than enough for it to show through and it doesn’t.

It also affects objects if they’re too close to walls. I have a dripping particle here thats up against the wall.
When facing towards it, you can barely see it. But when looking at it from the side, it looks perfectly fine. And I also have the zOffset cranked up to 4.

From what I’ve found, it only happens if your graphics level in-game is above 7. Or if in studio, your rendering level is above 15.

3 Likes

I was going insane trying to figure out why my particles looked so weird. Well at least I know it’s not my fault. I guess we’ll just have to wait until Roblox sends out a patch :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

For the love of god roblox this problem is still here since last month where on earth is the FIX!?!?!

Before

After

1 Like

This is still an ongoing problem as you can see. Supposedly top of the priority list, but it’s been over a month since this post without a fix still.

My post comes from November, so you can see for how long this hasn’t been really addressed.

2 Likes

@JaapSuter Uh… Anything? Please?