Particles, beams, and trails all disappearing, not disappearing when supposed to, and causing performance issues

My games are working as well now, it seems your right. Based on the above it must be rolling out regionally

3 Likes

I can confirm my game is working fine now as well.

1 Like

Thank you so much, my game is finally working perfect again!

2 Likes

It’s finally fixed. Thank you!

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this is related to this, but lately my particles have been acting strangely.

At graphics 7 and below, they look like this and properly cover what I intend them to, but…

On graphics 8 and above, they look like this. Why does this happen?

It’s some bug with ZOffset. I’ve been having problems with it for months.

We’ve gotten an update from another post, so right now we just gotta wait.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know about this. I was worried it was an intended behavior.

Still experiencing this issue months after this post was made. Particles won’t disable after their enabled property is turned off. And will only actually disable when you look away from the particle and back at it. As of now, I only encounter this issue whenever theirs a lot of humanoids in the workspace.

This issue doesn’t seem to effect the emit() function on particles, but just the enabled value being switched on and off.

Edit; Apparently its a studio only bug, so not a major issue in actual servers at least for me. Weird but works I guess!

7 Months Later

Or this bug is back or it’s still not fixed but many games on Roblox still have this issue. We need this fixed as fast as you possibly can because a lot of us rely on the particle/beam/trails for our games!

Throughout the months I noticed that if you used Emit() in a location not within your screen then later see that location, the particles would all spawn at once. I ended up just removing my dust emitter from bullet hole entirely for the sake of my game performance. That wasn’t too much of an issue, but about 2 days ago I started to get a problem we used to have at the start of the year that prevented me from advertising my game. When there’s just a little bit more particles it seems to not show any more particles/beams. It delays them or just not shows them at all. If you watch my video after I throw a few molotovs and shoot my gun the bullet beams will stop showing. Once the molotovs run out the beams for my bullet visuals come back. The muzzle flash also doesn’t go away instantly after I stop firing. It’s also a beam. My game has been running for 10months now and it has never had that issue since the beginning of the year when the new particle system was implemented. It’s crucial that players in my game are able to see where their bullets are shooting. I hope this can be fixed soon because it’s effecting the game’s playability.

1 Like

This has been happening for the last three to four days on our game. Particles are an integral feature and our player count has visibly been negatively impacted by this bug. Please get this fixed soon.
If you need good examples of particles stopping working @JaapSuter go look on our game: AFR: Testing - Roblox

4 Likes

This has been constantly happening to us in the last few days.

3 Likes

Same issue is happening to us, particles are fine in our game but beams sometimes do not render at all.

I know that other games are also reporting that particles completely break in theirs so it seems super random.

4 Likes

It’s because Roblox released the Particle Flipbooks beta.

For some reason, they don’t test their stuff before publishing it, because it’s been bugged for over a year.

3 Likes

I just checked bug reports to see if anyone else was having this issue and im really glad (in a way) that I saw this post. I thought it was my games network being bad or something.

2 Likes

Someone needs to make a bug report about this.

is this not the bug report?----

I mean a new one, this was made in december 2021.

Oh, then yeah def someone should make one.

We’re investigating this issue. Would you have a place file we could use for reproducing it please?

1 Like