Particles, beams, and trails all disappearing, not disappearing when supposed to, and causing performance issues

I’ve also noticed that lights such as surface lights are delayed too. Some will turn on on prompt and some will take a few seconds to turn on even though they all turn on at the same time.

I’m having the same problem, in the first few seconds of video the effect is reproduced correctly, but after a while I use the attack again, and the effect comes out with a delay, and it only happens with particles

Hoping this can be fixed today

I’m having quite a similar problem and it’s with Emit()

This bug seems to be related to the Particles not being in the viewport somehow, or they at least act as if they’re not in the player’s view.

The issue of the particles randomly deciding to not show up and then reappear, i.e. rapidly firing a gun into a wall with sparks, and then appear shortly after not firing anymore, seems to be a related issue.

As demonstrated in this video:

I hope this gets fixed soon, i got an update ready for my game but cant publish it because all the effects are glitched.

same, I should have updated my game 10 days ago. everyone keep asking why I didn’t update it and when will I update my game

I never really thought of checking the engine bugs category until now. I kept thinking I messed up something for over a week and couldn’t fix it. Thank you for your post!

1 Like

It’s been 2 weeks now since the problem first appeared. it really affect my game. Particle, Beam, Lighting, and performance are all got affected. hopefully this will be fixed ASAP :slight_smile:

This issue is affecting games that use particles heavily in such a negative way that it hurts the players and the developers greatly. “The Zombie’s Onslaught” uses particles, beams, and trails alike, and they’re all delayed heavily the moment that they start getting heavily used. In turn, this affects the performance of everybody inside the game and it makes visual cues using such assets unreliable.

A fix needs to happen soon. It’s quite obnoxious that it hasn’t been fixed yet.

4 Likes

It’s a shame. Staff claimed that they had a fix for it… Nine days ago. Some experiences are beginning to be unplayable for some users.

2 Likes

Indeed. If a game relies on particles as much as TZO does to show attacks, some people are essentially taking damage from something they can’t even see.

1 Like

Based on responses above it seems like the fix didn’t end up going out before/during the holidays, probably because of code freeze(?)

Appreciate the vigor in working on the new particle stuff, but this should really have been shipped with proper on/off switches, and if an on/off switch wasn’t feasible, it simply shouldn’t have shipped as close to the holiday period as it did.

11 Likes

It really is disappointing that Roblox still has not fixed this issue. This has completely delayed development on games I have been trying to finish.
Last thing we heard from Roblox on this issue is that there was a fix, which doesn’t seem to work if it’s been already released. Its been about 3 weeks since this issue has started for me, and I cant work on anything until its fixed. Very much a shame.
Hope to hear back from Roblox soon.

5 Likes

They acknowledged the issue 10 days ago. It is disappointing that they haven’t given an update, but the best thing we can do is wait.

I’m a stage developer so my games are unplayable. Hope this gets fixed ASAP.

3 Likes

yea… my game is unplayable too and it’s been 3 weeks

1 Like

ETA please?

This has been an issue for nearly two weeks and it can be game-breaking. This should be very high priority.

4 Likes

They’re not gonna ship a fix until after the break – no point in bumping this until then. They would have had to do it about a week ago when they were still working. (see my post above) Apparently they didn’t manage to get an emergency ship through or wasn’t deemed important enough to warrant that.

3 Likes

I can understand not shipping something until after the break, but for something that’s impacting the performance of many games, especially with something as simple as particles, you think they would make exceptions such as this.

5 Likes