Particles disappearing

I’m working on a rocket game. When the rocket takes off there needs to be a lot of smoke, I use particle emitters to emit the smoke. The viewers area is far away from the rocket. But when you move far away from the rocket, thus the particle emitters, particles just disappear for some reason.

Here’s an example: https://gyazo.com/0fe87be8fe7109dface18625a7de6e5a

Anyone knows a fix?

4 Likes

Maybe there’s some sort of setting in Roblox/Roblox studio about graphics and render distance?

1 Like

Try opening your roblox studio settings and set graphics to max. It might be a roblox system to decrease lag.

1 Like

But do keep in mind that quality may vary across devices. Mobile devices especially tone down any graphic settings that you are expecting.

3 Likes

It’s probably due to the particle’s lifetime. You may want to set the transparency to decay over time, creating a smoother effect.

1 Like

I myself have experience with rockets on Roblox. I did have trouble with this too and no, there is no fix to this. I made a camera system for launch viewers to see launches up close as well as to make particle viewing a lot easier. I think this was already said but I just thought I’d say that I know what it’s like to have this issue.

1 Like

You can use Particle:Emit method to force the particles to be emitted no matter the view distance, this can be somewhat costing for the performance, but it is only solid way to go about fixing your problem.
Link: ParticleEmitter | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

3 Likes

Even using it, it’ll have a very low transparency.