Particles flickering and rendering ontop of other particles

I want the particles to stop showing up infront of other particles when they’re clearly behind those particles and having seizure inducing flickering when theres multiple of them ontop eachother. There’s 5 particle emitters and none of them have ZOffset.

I haven’t found a single solution and I have looked through multiple devfrorum posts related to particles.

1 Like

It’s because of the Particle’s Transparency.
Just like anything that is semi-transparent in Roblox, the engine has trouble dealing with those items behind/in front of other semi-transparent items.

I’ve seen a lot of posts about ParticleEmitters and other items with rendering and flickering issues because they are semi-transparent.

2 Likes

The effect is actually severely worsened with transparency at 0

I’m surprised they still haven’t fixed it yet.
2024 and transparency in Roblox still causes all sorts of weird issues.
Behind glass it doesn’t even render which is also a weird “bug” I guess I’ve been waiting ages for to get fixed.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed this recently, I do think its just ZIndex but it feels more prominent as of this month.

I feel like roblox has “adressed” this bug already and has just been ignoring it for years.
I really hope they actually have this rendering bug in one of their top priorities cause anything related to transparency has been causing issues for VFX creators and builders alike for a very, very long time.

2 Likes

Are the images you used for the Particle .jpg or .png?
.png have a transparency built into them.

I got the particles from a particle pack and I’m guessing they’re PNG’s because nearly all flipbooks have transparency.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.