Particles in One Region

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I want to make it to where if your in an area (like a transparent non-collidable part) it snows but as soon as you leave it, it doesnt.
  2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I’ve done something similar with music so it would cue when you entered the space but I wasnt able to do the same with particles

What would be the best way for me to go about this? I’ve checked wikis and other posts but if you happen to know where I could learn more about something like this or have a solution it would be much appreciated!

2 Likes

One way to do this would be to have giant boxes, indicating areas of the map. When you enter box A, the particles from all other areas are disabled, and the particles of box A are enabled.
This could be done using .Touched for the boxes, but there are a lot of ways to do this.

You can use 2 ways:

1. Use Part.Touched to detect if a player is touching it then run the function.
  2. Use Region3 to detect if any players are in that region and run the function.

Using .Touched for regional functions may not be as consistent, due to the avatar moving a heck ton (idle bobbing, running limbs, jumping, etc…). @RockDownBiever I suggest tracking the player’s character’s HumanoidRootPart’s position for being in relation with a part’s entirety using Region3.

Have you read this? Zone+ v1 (deprecated) | Retrieving players within an area/zone