PartPicker 2: Now more stable!

I absolutely love your plugin. I’ve been using it for the past few months and don’t know what I’d do without it. I have two suggestions though based on my own personal experiences. I’m not sure if you’re still maintaining this, but please consider these!

• Filter for having an ancestor, not just a parent. Example: I have a building model with several window models. I want to change the transparency of all of the glass in the windows, but I can’t because the window’s model is the parent.
  • Filter using a selection box. Example: I have a bunch of roads throughout my map, and want to select the road lines, but only in a certain area. I can drag a box over the area I want PartPicker to consider.

Are you aware of the Intersect option? It seems to suit both your needs nicely.

(I really need to work on usability for this plugin. I keep having to tell people that Intersect exists…)

Actually I’ve never used intersect before. I think the wording may come off as confusing which is what drew me away, because it is hard to differentiate what “selection” means—is it your Roblox Studio selection, or your PartPicker selection?

Roblox studio selection.

30 chars 30 chars 30 chars

No, I realize that now, but didn’t when using the plugin given its description.

Sorry for the bump-- however I have a feature request. Is it possible to make it so we can pick parts, but also their children? Here’s an example:

I want to pick the texture of these parts:

However I cannot grab the texture of all of these, which is a child of the part itself. I can only edit the Properties, which is a bit frustrating. This would be even more helpful, as I could do this when editing every light.

I love this plugin however, thanks for making it!

2 Likes

Hello! I use this plugin, and it is very helpful! It works very well! Thank you for making this!

1 Like