PartPicker 2: Now more stable!

Hey. I updated PartPicker to be more stable. I also added the ability to deselect random parts in your current selection. Really useful for roof shingles and foilage!

If you’re unfamiliar with PartPicker, it basically allows you to select (or deselect!) a bunch of parts that share the same properties. Here it is in action:

Demo1 (slightly old version, but more or less the same):

Demo2:

Random Deselect:

Really useful if you want to recolor or change the material of a bunch of parts (like I did in the demo).

Link to the plugin:

(If you already have an old version of the plugin, then update to the newer version.)

136 Likes

Whatt. I never even knew this existed. For sure will use this whenever I get my new computer next week!

5 Likes

Thanks for this new plugin, it will really help me out more easier and i’m sure this will help other developers out as will. I will be using this very soon thanks for this update glad you made this!

4 Likes

Awesome, my map editing speed has significantly boosted. Let’s see how much better I can change one map’s color and material.

4 Likes

Thank you for updating this! I cannot wait to put the new features to work (I’ve often wanted the blender selection random option in studio). Your plugin has greatly improved my workflow by a great deal!

4 Likes

Added the ability to deselect random parts!

6 Likes

This is a must-have plugin. Highly recommended.

4 Likes

Hey, aren’t you a fellow CC2 dev of mine? Anyways, this is an amazing plugin! Now it’s a lot easier to make things such as seasonal updates every season and all. Even though I seldom build, I love it!

2 Likes

oh my gosh, I need this in my life.

3 Likes

Dude this plugin is just epic!

Good job working on it!

2 Likes

Man I would have love to have this plugin in my earlier days of developing

2 Likes

You can also do this with my instance scanner plugin

Looks cool though, and probably more efficient than my plugin lol

3 Likes

What an innovative invention! Have been using the first version. Great to see it is updated! :smiley:

1 Like

I will force my builder to use this, very useful!

2 Likes

I’ve always needed something like this! Thank you so much, great work. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yes! I’ve been waiting for this to be a thing!

you are my everything

I Just tried it out. This is also a thing I been looking for to help make my building work easier.

This is excellent for re-coloring maps to suit the current season!

1 Like

Legendary…extremely useful plugin.

2 Likes

Hey I was just wondering if there were any plans to support other instance types as well?
We use this plugin a ton and would love support for lights, attachments, models, etc.

3 Likes