Hello… Making a game based on survival and hunting… I still don’t know whether should I use Parts or Terrain for the map…
I struggled with this in a past project, I’ll give you some tips:
- Better for simpler aesthetics.
- Better for cartoony aesthetics.
- Easier to place structures.
- Less flexible.
- Color changes are limited to one part.
- Creates blocky terrain.
- Better for more realistic aesthetics.
- MUCH more flexible.
- More rounded / triangular look.
- Harder to place structures. Have to flatten out terrain and remove grass.)
- Better for paths.
- Material color changes are global.
- 3D grass.
Honestly, it really depends on the style of game. Classic Roblox, blocky, or simple terrain? Go with parts. Complex, rounded, any form of caves, modern look? Terrain is your best bet.
A survival / hunting game will probably be more on the realistic side than cartoony, in this case you’d want to use terrain tools.