PartToMaterial -- The Easy Way To Material [Plugin]

The Easy Way To Material :green_circle:

Part-To-Material is ment to give the old feel of texturing but also bring some new features to the table to make texturing easy!

What are the advantages? :signal_strength:

• More efficient texturing and less wasting time

• More familiarity, making it easier to texture

• Community suggestion updates

How Does It Work? :thinking:

• You can move the UI by clicking TAB it will appear where your mouse position is.

• To enable 2022 textures go to your materialservice and enable then go into PTM’s settings and toggle

• You can use the searchbar to search up textures quicker

Downloads :arrow_right:

PartToMaterial - Plugin Download 1.02

Updates :tada:

5 Likes

ummm how is this usefull
i dont want to sound negative but this is bassicly the material drop down menu in the property’s of a part… but in a plugin its not really that much faster

ease of use and convenience, that’s how

1 Like

ig but it saves you like 2 seconds instead of going to a part and opening the property’s you just go to the plugin tab and open a plugin

i get why it would be better if you have a lot of parts but you can also just multi select and change all the materials at once with the property tab so its not much faster

im not trying to be negative the plugin looks cool but i just dont see a point
i also dont use roblox materials that much since i mostly do low-poly and blender models so maybe i dont know anything about this

I see your point but not all of us use blender, I personally see myself using this as I duplicate parts quite a lot for building and needing to change materials quickly like this can speed up my workflow. Also, the post did mention you can use TAB to open the window

1 Like

i should give some feedback instead of just criticism here’s a few things that i think would make the plugin better

1. I think it would be good if u could maybe select a materiao and hold shift then u could just click a part annd it would apply the material
  2. maybe have a feature in the plugin to dissable the 2022 materials
  3. custom mateials would also be nice but it would also be kinda like this plugin
    [Search Tags] Add Easy Texture - Creator Marketplace (roblox.com)
    so maybe u could add custom pbr textures instead of just patterns since adding pbr’s is kinda a pain from downloading the pbr and everything
  4. maybe a way to see what parts have what textures
  5. also maybe not sure if this is possible but maybe a way to change the direction of the materialwithout having to union it you could probably make the material an image and rotate it or smt idk

anyways hope this feedback helps

Thanks for the constructive criticism, I will start to add your suggestions into the plugin. The problem with being able to disable 2022 materials is the plugin lacks permission which is why I made a toggle in the settings (it will be updated).

So for now you need to go into material service, then go into PartToMaterial’s settings and disable 2022 materials (its disabled by default).

1 Like

Once you open the plugin once it will stay on until you disable, then you can click tab to position the UI to your mouse, (there will be an offset setting in the future).

PartToMaterial | 1.02 Update :tada:

• Small UI Adjustments
  • A new way to material (see below)
  • New Settings UI
  • Bug Fixes

Material on Shift :white_check_mark:

• Simply select a material then click shift on your keyboard to apply, to enable the option goto your ptm settings.
1 Like