Party System not working at all

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!

I want to achieve a party system for a horror game I’m making (similar to Apeirophobia). You can enter the maximum number of players you want, you can set the name for your party, you can join other parties, and when the host is ready to play the game they can start the round and it’ll teleport them or other players in the party to the main game. (And the ability to leave parties, of course)

1. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!

I’ve been trying to figure this out for the last 2 days. No matter what, no matter what I try to do, it always is somewhat broken and I’m getting extremely frustrated. Either creating the party doesn’t work, or the party doesn’t show up as joinable, etc.

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?

I’ve looked for many YouTube tutorials for this, and the ones that work are extremely hard to make customizable or extremely hard to work with in general. I’ve tried the PartyService module, a bunch of other DevForum posts, I’ve tried asking friends, I’ve literally done everything possible. It just won’t work. Desperately need help with this, any help is appreciated.

4 Likes

Hey, so I also tried making a party system like a bit more then a month ago and I also gotta say that it was not easy (it also took me maybe like a week to really also fix everything and polish it).

The main problem that I had was just always knowing what is gonna be there for who now. Because obviously only the people actually in the party should see the other party members and stuff.

Well, I can’t really help here but just make sure that if you like create a party as an example and display it somewhere make sure to display it on all clients, not just yours.

Example on how you could show something on all clients:

for i, players in pairs(game.Players:GetPlayers()) do
 --your stuff
end

Anyways I hope you can figure it out!