Passes failing to be purchased

Occasionally, players report that they cannot purchase any passes for long periods of time on multiple different devices, getting this message:

This only happens to certain players and does not happen to everyone, but for the players that are affected, it happens constantly. I tested purchasing passes in-game and in studio, and it happens to me rarely and seemingly randomly. No errors are associated with this in the console.

This has been reported to happen on newer generations of the iPad, and iPad 9th gen.

8 Likes

New information: This is happening to accounts with Account Restrictions enabled for monthly spend limits. Accounts are getting this error even if they are under their monthly spend limit, and are still getting this error if they turn off the Account Restrictions.

This happened to normal users too, I’m a Community Admin for “PLS DONATE” and I have received a myriad amount of reports for gamepasses you cannot purchase within the game. This even happened to myself so I doubt that it has anything to do with Account Restrictions.

2 Likes

With the reports I’m getting from parents, they try purchasing the pass with different devices, even coming back on different days at different hours and still get the same error. It has been happening for months to some of them. I cannot reproduce it on my end in studio or in a live game.

1 Like

I released a new Game Pass yesterday for my game Feather Family, and some players are reporting that they still cannot buy any passes on any of their devices. I have the account usernames of players who can’t make purchases, so DM me if it would be helpful to know.

1 Like