Password reset email not sending

Hello, I wanted to make this post because I’m having troubles resetting the password to one of my alts. I tried resetting the password and I got no email. I also tried using the username reminder, and again no email.

Before anybody says “you got locked out/someone stole the account”, that’s not true, as I keep getting devforum & premium receipts on the same email.

To make sure the account isn’t the problem, but rather the email I created a new account, and wanted to verify it under that same email. I clicked the verify button, and to my expectation, no email from roblox to verify the account!

I don’t know what could potentially cause this issue, but I tried the following:

• Using a VPN
  • Using 2 different browsers
  • Using 3 different devices
  • Asking my friend to send a request under my address
  • Resetting my cache
  • Adding roblox’ emails in my contacts list.
  • Adding my email under a different platform (eg. outlook to gmail)
  • checked all inboxes

I tried to read the support articles and do what they said, but it didn’t help.
Nothing worked. On top of that, I sent a roblox support request to see what would happen, and support actually responded.

I’m very clueless on what to do in this situation and anything would help.

Main browser information
Google chrome: Version 123.0.6312.58 (Official Build) (64-bit)

System information
AMD Ryzen 9 7960X3D @4.70 GHz, 128 GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090

Direct Links

I hope this bug can be fixed, or at least get some help migrating all accounts that were originally under that email address, to a new address!

Expected behavior

I would expect getting some emails, such as:

• verifying accounts
  • resetting passwords
  • username reminder
  • when my account is logged into a new device
  • team create invites
  • trade enabled/disabled

A private message is associated with this bug report

2 Likes

Create an alternate email address, and a new Roblox account verified under this new email address. It’s possible that it’s your email, NOT Roblox, that is being problematic, and this is one of the easiest ways to test that.

2 Likes

I tried making accounts under a new address which worked, only this 1 email is being problematic. I have friends with the same issue, addresses being under different domains than google, meaning the problem is somewhere within Roblox’ systems. one of their automatic system most likely ghosts certain email addresses under domains that aren’t “gmail.com”, “outlook.com” or more commonly used ones.

1 Like

i experience the same but on gmail, lol.

but i tried everything tho, its impossible to fix this unless u create a new email.

1 Like

This shouldn’t happen to begin with. Roblox needs to fix this issue, it’s most likely a roblox internal issue probably some false flagging of the email addresses as spam if you keep sending them tickets or whatever

Yeah, i coudnt get emails anymore on my gmail account for 7 months now, its getting really ridiculous how roblox just cant be bothered to listen to us, and if this account gets banned, how im i gonna appeal???

Previously I have used many mail clients with Roblox and I’ve never had an issue including gmail, outlook, icrann.irish(self hosted using RoundCube) and zoho.eu.

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you!

2 Likes

Hey, have you got any updates yet? I am still not receiving emails and it has been 7 months now.

Honestly, I think this bug should be the top priority to be fixed.