Path of Life - Showcase

For the past 2 weeks I’ve been working on and off on my newest showcase Path of Life, and I’m really proud of the outcome. I would appreciate if you guys checked it out and eventually shared your thoughts with me.

Here’s a few screenshots!

Game link:

38 Likes

It looks astonishing. All the little details seem like you did put a lot of effort into it.

Continue with the good work!

1 Like

I… This- I am so speechless! This is some of the best Low-Poly work I’ve ever seen in my 4 years of developing… Very good work! :+1: :open_mouth:

1 Like

great use of lighting and pretty builds

nice job man

1 Like

I think it’s the only roblox forest i have seen that really looks like a forest,i love how each tree is different and the amount of details is amazing. This is what i have in mind when i think of a temperate rainforest (excepting the vines,but they are a great touch). Keep on the good work!

1 Like

Beautiful showcase, you did an excellent job with the ambience.

Suggestion: I would recommend subtly texturing the flowers and barrels. At the moment these assets look sort of flat since they’re within shadows.

1 Like

I’m absolutely amazed!

There’s so much aesthetic and effort put into this, I really wish there was more areas to move around in. This took my breath away.

Amazing! Great work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will most likely expand it in the future as i continue to work on it :smile:

1 Like

If you disable the default Roblox top bar then it won’t be overlapping your nice cinematic black bar (see screenshot below).

https://gyazo.com/146472907dae30e2adb9ca21e562d673

If you want, here’s some code that can disable those clashing icons/top bar.

Make top bar Transparent:

local playergui = game.Players.LocalPlayer.PlayerGui
playergui:SetTopbarTransparency(1)

Disable other default roblox icons (each line below disables a different icon)

local startergui = game.StarterGui

startergui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Backpack, false) -- disable backpack icon (and tools)
startergui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.EmotesMenu, false) -- disable emote icon
startergui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Chat, false) -- disable chat
startergui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.PlayerList, false) -- disable leaderboard

good showcase! the nature vibe is very strong

1 Like

Path of Life indeed. What an astonishing blend of good architecture and a soothing ambience. They work very well together and create a scene that speaks a lot of calming, intriguing tones to me. I don’t think I have much feedback to give, sorry this ended up just being an appraisal post.

Great work you’ve done there. Best wishes for Path of Life as well as your future projects.

@yelowfat The All CoreGuiType will disable all of those. You shouldn’t type all of them out unless you need to access a specific one, but even then you could probably work with GetEnumItems and filter out specific names you don’t want being disabled.

2 Likes

I didn’t know you could do that!

How would I go about filtering certain items?

Side question

How do you make that horizontal line/separator in your post?

GetEnumItems off of the CoreGuiType and checking the name of the Enum.

for _, enumItem in ipairs(Enum.CoreGuiType:GetEnumItems()) do
    if enumItem.Name ~= "Chat" then
        StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(enumItem, false)
    end
end

Horizontal line separator is made by adding three underscores.

That’s some amazing Low-Poly! Everything’s placed perfectly, wow that’s great! Those tiny little details as well. Great job!

@yelowfat, about the topbar,
If you want to disable everything and make it transparent, you could simply disable the whole thing in one line of code.

StarterGui:SetCore("TopbarEnabled", false)

or if you want to keep certain items like chat, backpack or whatever, you can do what @colbert2677 suggested.

The showcase looks really beautiful. The views of the forest looks splendid, and I like it. The assets and the terrains, even the sky looks great!

Keep up the great job, r0cu! :+1:

1 Like

Wow that looks stunning, Did you use a reference image?

This looks awesome! really giving me a good vibe to walk trough! well done!

Working along the side of R0cu as been a pleasure. I’m in love with his style and I couldn’t ask for a better co-worker. Keep it up man!

1 Like