Path2D Studio Beta

with this, svg will soon be compatible with roblox

10 Likes

potential 2d animation software someone could make

6 Likes

BUG REPORT: You cannot undo a tangent with Ctrl+Z, or rather you can but itā€™ll also undo your last point. Forgot to call ChangeHistoryService basically

3 Likes

This is amazing, this allows for so many more features. Really cool!

4 Likes

THE START OF ROBLOX 2D???

pleaseeeeeeee pretty please

3 Likes

It is currently possible to add Path2D instances to places while the beta is disabled.

Adding one of these instances to a place file while the beta is disabled will make the place file unloadable if you want to load it with the beta enabled later.
7b72f7f592cfe6c0d781a5d7cb3e5e23

It is possible to load these affected places by turning the beta off again.

7 Likes

This is what i wanted so long, wish thereā€™s Path3D after this too cuz beams for me are gettin annoyin to work with, something similar to LineRenderer would be nice.

1 Like

Cool feature. Could the Color and Thickness properties be ColorSequences and NumberSequences instead of static values? It would make them way more flexible for visuals.

4 Likes

They take a long time to add updates like these that are actually necessary, crazy that we donā€™t have basic things like CHECKBOXES lmao

2 Likes

This is an amazing update! Good job!

2 Likes

They have something similar.
FloatCurve I think is itā€™s name.
A guy named Suphi made a yt tutorial with it.

1 Like

I was trying out the beta and Iā€™m noticing some really weird behavior with how paths are positioned. Hereā€™s what Iā€™m observing:

The path in that video ought to go from one black dot to the other, but it has some weird offset. The position of the points for the path match the positions of their respective dots (those dots have an anchor point of 0.5, 0.5). When thatā€™s the case, Iā€™d expect them to match up, but they donā€™t. Iā€™ve also noticed the offset change when toggling IgnoreGuiInset on the ScreenGui.

Another thing that Iā€™m noticing is that it looks like the white dot never reaches the second point on the path fully even though Iā€™m using GetPositionOnCurveArcLength.

Hereā€™s the setup Iā€™m using in the video: DemoPath2D.rbxm (5.1 KB)

9 Likes

does this mean we can finally create circular loading bars and circular UI animation in general?

7 Likes

Looks cool though I donā€™t see myself using them in the near future.

1 Like

Finally the mystery of what ā€œPath2Dā€ is, has been resolved!

1 Like

you can use multiple beams for this

1 Like

theyre asking for path3d because they want methods like this

local position = path:GetPositionOnCurve(t)

not possible with beams

1 Like

Add a fill option and working clip descendants on this please

2 Likes

these ui features roblox been adding recently are fire

4 Likes

Its about damn time we got something like this. What other additions are we looking for guis in the future? (will we also get a 3d version too?)
Also will ray casting in viewport frames ever be fixed?

1 Like