Pathfinding issues

An issue with pathfinding I have been trying to fix for a couple days now:

Pathfinding works as intended on the ground.

HOWEVER,

It refuses to cooperate when the target is on a building, or in the air. Is there any possible workaround for this?
Thanks in advance.

bump since no solution has been found

Perhaps you could show some images on what is the problem you are having, check the navmesh too to check if its actually possible for the Humanoid reach that target point.
You could show the basic script logic you are using.

For this:

I hardly think so, Humanoids are not intented to be able to “fly” to reach the target point, if there is no way to reach then it wont walk there

For the latter discussed part, is there any way to detect when their on a building? I use the model’s .Y position to make the pathfinding go to the X/Z coordinates of the target, but this doesnt work when there is another high building beneath the player

Its hard to understand the issue that you are experiencing since you are not showing the code and captures of your map with the navmesh enabled.

I used many times PathfindingService, and overall works great, sometimes it needs some adjustments to Agent properties, weight of the textures to walk in and ofc a correct navmesh in map.

If you could provide those details would be easier to help you

Thanks for trying to help, sorry for my incompetence in providing code or images.

I managed to fix this by strapping a box to the foot of the AI and using it as the base for pathfinding.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.