Paying Hired Developers Using Robux Obtained From Selling Limiteds

To introduce the context, I’ve sold one of my Limiteds as a way of investment in developing and funding my upcoming game. I see this as a good way of investing since this is my first game and I have no other way of obtaining Robux other than buying it using real money, which is expensive.

I initially wanted to spend the funds on advertisements and sponsorships. However, I ran into some personal issues and I thought of using part of the funds to hire someone and build the game’s map for me. I’m well aware that Robux obtained from selling Limiteds are not accepted in DevEx, but will this apply to the developers I’ll hire as well? Will they not be able to DevEx their payout?

I generally don’t like to see developers being treated unfairly so I’d like to hear your experiences or opinions (if any). It would greatly help me. Thanks!

This is also my first time creating a topic. My apologies in any mistake I’ve made. Any corrections with regards to the topic and category will be appreciated.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure if your robux goes through a shirt or gamepass, the robux will be eligible for devex. Lets say you sold your limited, and bought a gamepass in a game. The owner of the game will be able to devex it because he got the robux from selling a gamepass. Just as long as your transfer it through a shirt or gamepass, the robux should be counted as “earned”.

7 Likes

It’s be wise to strictly keep that amount to advertising and sponsorships. Chances are it’s not allowed to be DevExd even when given to another individual.

2 Likes

There are methods of making a game with a team without using any Robux from your side only your work is required.

• Profit Percentage
  • Investments or Investors

Personally I would prefer the method of Profit Percentages because it is easy to find people who want to collaborate like that. But Investments or Investors is to me a less preferable method because it is very very hard to find people who want to invest in your game and take profits. Of Course the method you have given above is a good way to get Robux but it is hard to get a person to buy them even if you did it is now hard to invest the money properly as you have a limited amount with which you can get into a tight situation where you will have no more Robux to spend

Hope this helps You :smiley:

2 Likes

The developer can devex their payout. Otherwise, you can’t devex even 1 robux since from the basic it is bought by someone (after tix were removed), and you can’t devex bought robux.
Also, you can even devex income from limiteds if it is only a small amount of the total devex.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! This is actually my very first post to this form ever (I just noticed the reply button now). Just wanted to share my joy with you :smile:

2 Likes

No, if you where paid through group funds that was funded by a limited, you can devex the robux. I was paid that way before, and my devex request was accepted.

2 Likes

How sure are you that the funds were funded by a limited? Was the group funds at 0 and was purely funded by selling a limited then purchasing something from the group?

If your answers are that you are 100% sure it was funded by limited then I’d assume Roblox would allow it if they took multiple fees. First 30% from selling the limited, next 30% from buying the item to transfer to he group. That would make sense since it would benefit Roblox.

ur right, if anything, roblox is the one that should be happy in this kind of situation