PBR road textures

Hello to everyone reading this post, I assume you’ve read the title. Otherwise I’m not sure why you clicked, anyways I’m going to be asking some questions on how to use pbr in the studio beta build. I’m trying to achieve realistic road textures like these ones: image
And my trouble is replicating them without lag. To my current knowledge you can only use blocks with pbr textures on them. Almost like decals. I’m looking to tile them like textures so there’s a lot less pain on my end. Aswell as even possibly create curved roads like these ones:

(That image is outside of roblox)
I’m also wondering about the flexibility of pbr textures and if I could easily merge roads and make new lanes with them.
Any insights on how to use pbr like this or ideas would be very much appreciated. Ty for reading!

6 Likes

Unfortunately, PBR textures in the beta build aren’t tileable. They’re only used for models that have an exact dimension to them like these.

I made a custom tileable texture but when I stretched the mesh, all it did was stretch the texture with the Part itself.

4 Likes