Pending Sales are not passing

Was planning on submitting a DevEx request before my premium expires, looks like i’ll have to renew unless this gets fixed in the next day or two.

7 Likes

You are correct but it’s more concerning for people who rely on DevEx to put food on the table and to pay their bills. We also don’t know if these pending sales will even come through eventually if this isn’t looked at.

4 Likes

I Would honestly imagine its intentional, since so much robux entered the economy and that means a lot more people are venerable to scams, this means roblox has time to deal with more cases involving robux, however I think roblox is neglecting its developers for the good of the player.

8 Likes

Please only respond when you have new information to add.

This behavior, even more so without warning, is entirely unacceptable if Roblox wants to convince people that they can actually make a living through game development on the platform. What becomes of the people who have bills to pay? People who depend on their income? Contracts to uphold?

Roblox is thriving in large part due to the fact people believe that they can use it as a primary source of income. The less stable that potential source of income seems, the fewer people will try.

Edit: even more unacceptable is the fact that this post has been up for almost an entire business day and hasn’t even been acknowledged yet. Peoples’ livelihood is at stake here, this should be taken more seriously.

47 Likes

Since no Roblox staff has updated this topic yet, I will quote @Subcritical_alt 's message from the community server just in case someone is curious about the situation.

@DevKurka Yes, it has been surfaced internally”

That’s what suggests this is a real issue and is being investigated.

6 Likes

I can confirm, this is happening on my part too.

3 Likes

This is probably related to Roblox Christmas hours. The 72-hour pending thing is in place to prevent scammed Robux from entering the group. Less staff means they’re fewer people to respond to support tickets about scams.

3 Likes

Even so, this particular behavior has never happened on any other business holiday in the history of Roblox. At the very least, we need a warning if there’s going to be some sort of income freeze.

27 Likes

I went and tallied up all my earnings, and it seems my freeze started on the 23rd, which is odd considering everyone else’s started on the 25th

9 Likes

The freeze has ended for me, I now have my funds. Does it work for everybody else now?

3 Likes

For me it’s still broken. Pending sales still growing while no change to group payouts.

38 Likes

I’m a doofus, 2 days pending gets frozen, so sales from the 23rd aren’t passing.

However, i am getting a tiny bit through every day. much slower than it’s coming in though.
a little less than 1k is making it through a day, if i were to guess it’s from the 10 R$ dev products on one of my games, makes the small purchase immune to the freeze.

13 Likes

This seems fairly possible. I either can see that some sales are actually passing the pending sales system. I use a fair amount of devproducts in game. In meantime players who sold shirts or gamepasses don’t have any sales of goods.

Source: @Synimistic (Published upon permission)

tl;dr Seems that only GamePass and Asset type of products are stuck in the queue.

10 Likes

We are aware and engineers are investigating.

66 Likes

I see a spike in my group payouts amount. Went from 30k to 50k within an hour. I think the services are recovering. Will update this information soon.

Edit: Went up by another 5k within seconds just after writing this message.

Edit 2: For me group payouts went from 30k to 90k in total and are stuck again.

Edit 2: Enabled again.

17 Likes

Hey developers,

The Robux that are stuck in a pending state should be correctly processed over the next 3-4 hours. Thanks for letting us know and for your patience while our engineers diagnosed the problem over the holiday.

Happy New Year!

Thanks,
Developer Relations

92 Likes

Can a #updates:incident-reports or similar be posted about this providing more details about how this issue came about? I’ve seen a degree of debating within the developer community about the issue.

25 Likes

A full-detail incident report won’t be decided on until we’re all back in the office - we’ll have to measure any impact this had and determine if it’s appropriate to devote more time to this issue (those incident reports do take some time) or if everything is all good now.

25 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.