Per-Place Plugins

Continuing the discussion from Notes for Team Create:

In the linked thread it was suggested that users be able to leave notes for others in Team Create. Normally this is something that you could do with a plugin – there are already plugins that serve similar functionality for making notes for yourself. But when working with multiple people, you will require each one of them to individually install the plugin and make sure they keep it up-to-date, which can be tedious. If one person uses an out-of-date version, it can break all the data it accesses, so not only is it tedious, but it’s also a potentially devastating project risk.

Imagine we could create plugins per place. It would load as a plugin whenever the place was loaded, but it wouldn’t actually be installed to the user’s computer, meaning it wouldn’t load in other places. Not only would this solve the dilemma of keeping everyone working on the place up-to-date with plugins, but it would also reduce plugin clutter. I wouldn’t have my region management plugin pop up for other games, and I wouldn’t have my player data restorer plugin load in in non-relevant games.

5 Likes