Percentages, Payments, and Adverts

Okay, so I’ve been wondering about these few things for a while, and I wanted to see the Dev Community’s opinions on the topics.

1. So, lets say I hired someone to create ads, and run them for a game I’m making. I don’t really have much in terms of direct payment, definitely not enough to pay someone to run ads. I was thinking to use percentages of game revenue, but then that leads into my second topic.

2. The game I’m creating is a lore-driven, isolation style, horror game. Other than donation game passes, I can’t really think of any other game passes to add into the game that won’t advance player gameplay, but still make revenue off of it.

3. I use both of these topics to combine the following discussion:

I want to pay percentages for a worker, but I’m not sure how exactly to get profit from the game I’m developing, in order to actually pay the worker.

Any ideas of what I could do would help a lot.

1 Like

A lot of horror games sell gamepasses like coming back to life after dying (if dying is possible in your game) or gamepasses that give you items that make the game easier, but doesn’t guarantee a victory. VIP gamepasses could work also giving a player benefits, but not making it impossible for them to die.

Here are some examples from horror games on the platform:

The Mimic

The Asylum

Hope this helps!

1 Like

This actually does help a bit. I’m making a Backrooms game, so maybe something like a phone-flashlight or a very basic radar could be nice gamepasses.

2 Likes