Perception, a new game I've been making for quite some time

I just hit day 101 working on the project, so in honor the the lol number of days I thought I might as well share what I’m doing with you guys here.

So for the past few months on ROBLOX it’s been my ambition to make my own personal rendition of Prophunt which sticks very close to the way the Gmod Prophunt is played, although I wished to add my own personal mechanics such as influencing the environment’s lighting, destroying windows to make quick access routes (to cut off fleeing props obviously), blocking off areas with debris objects, and a bunch of other environment interactive stuff, I won’t go into detail, it’s not needed.

I take great pride in my work and I love Prophunt, I think it’s a fantastic game.
I’ve made every effort under to sun to make this as a unique experience as I possibly could and I spent quite a bit of time analyzing current Prophunts-style games on ROBLOX and made sure that what I was making was new and fresh.

This project is in ‘very early Alpha’ and I don’t expect it to see the light of Beta for at least another 4 months.
That being said, there is a test server to the game which is occasionally opened, but this is just a picture post.

Without further ado, here is a wall of pictures in-game:

[spoiler]ΓÇóThe Cover Art

==gots more pictures uploading==
[/spoiler]

Any thoughts?

OH NUUU! BE VERY CAREFUL! There has been a CloneTrooper1019 spotted on deez forums!

If you don’t get the joke: He’s been making a couple PropHunts (PropHunt 1 and currently in the making of PropHunt 2), and if he has the balls to make is own murder game to compete with Nikilis (and now loleris) then he has the balls to go all out on his next PropHunt, :P. You may have competition, my friend (and also I was playing off Elmer Fudd’s famous line, “Shhh. Be vewy vewy quiet, I’m hunting wabbits.” Along with “I do think there’s a Squatch in these woods.”).

All jokes aside: It’s very nice, finally a PropHunt that stays pretty damn close to the original, that’s literally all I wanted.

I don’t mind. :slight_smile:
CloneTrooper1019’s is based off of the Team Fortress 2 Prophunt.
Lion2323’s is based off of the Minecraft Blockhunt.
And mine is based off of the original Prophunt.

So it’s pretty much 3 different games. I’ve played all the ROBLOX ones anyway.

May i have acess to the game, it looks fun, and i want to test :DDD

[quote] I don’t mind. :slight_smile:
CloneTrooper1019’s is based off of the Team Fortress 2 Prophunt.
Lion2323’s is based off of the Minecraft Blockhunt.
And mine is based off of the original Prophunt.

So it’s pretty much 3 different games. I’ve played all the ROBLOX ones anyway. [/quote]

Oh… TF2 Prophunt, never knew they had it (mainly because I don’t give a rats ass for playing TF2, :P). Also, Minecraft Blockhunt? Go figure…

Go here to be a tester.

Go here to be a tester.[/quote]

Joined and nothing

The permission levels on this place prevent you from entering.
Private Message Ripull to request access.

Joined and nothing

Private Message Ripull to request access.[/quote]

Should have been more clear, he picks when the testing is, :P.

Will users (lak me) be able to submit maps? I’ve made a map for 3 front-page games so far and I’ll be making more :open_mouth:

Joined and nothing

Also, here, that is the official testing place.

:open_mouth: il3ik maps :3

Can you get a map with these inside, i think it will fit Muahahah

Oh! Bragging contest? Well, I made a game (for someone, not telling name, but I’m sure you can figure it out) that mustered nearly 1.5 million visits and made him around 200,000 ROBUX (400$). (nothing compared to some of the people on this forum though, o.e)

Remember that map of yours that I was gonna use as a place holder for? Yup :P.

But yeh, I hope to open the floor to map design once I have prepared a guide for it.

It’s a bit more complex than usual because you need to name certain parts in the map certain name (for eg, breakable things need to have a certain name, and breakable glass needs to have a certain name.)

There’s also map resources, which aren’t finalized yet:

Joined and nothing

If you’re in the group, I’ll probably invite you via party to the next testing session.
Make sure you have party invites turned on.

Actually, I’ll probably open it on Saturday for a while so people can have a go of the game for what it is at this early stage. I just need to set up remote error logs properly first.

This looks absolutely beautiful.
Glad I gave up on PropHunt 2, I wouldn’t be able to stand against games like these.

The next game I’m going to be focusing on after Murder is The Stalker 2. PropHunt 2 was canned because I lost motivation for the project. It was way too similar to Team Fortress 2 and I started focusing on Murder.

I’m curious as to why you lost the motivation to work on it.

Answered through edit.

Hmmm… being able to choose a prop seems very interesting. Some very sneaky stuff you can do there.

Mouse over + E changes the prop just like in Gmod.

There are some mechanic cons;
-Morphing makes a ‘squat’ sound.
-You can only morph every 5 seconds.
-You can’t morph into a prop you’re already disguised as.