Performance issues on macOS High Sierra

Hi everyone!
I know this issue has already been reported multiple times, but the last time I saw a moderator respond to it was over a year ago and wanted to know if they’re still working on this. ROBLOX Studio on macOS is so laggy! You can open up any project, even an empty baseplate and it’ll just freeze up in the middle. I’m just wondering if any of you Mac users still have this issue as well.

I have a 2016 MacBook Pro w/ Touch Bar on macOS High Sierra.

Let me know if you guys have been having this issue too!

Thanks,
Amit

11 Likes

They know about the issues with High Sierra. It has been put into their internal bug tracker already.

Mine is a little older… Macbook Pro El Capitan. But studio does run weirdly slow and glitchs up a good bit

1 Like

Yep, it’s pretty poor.

1 Like

Good that they know. It’s so bad I don’t like to even open up my project ROBLOX Studio Anymore because if I drag an object it just goes to a random place due to the lag.

2 Likes

Yes! I have the same laptop, and it’s such a regrettable experience. A large portion of the professional software engineering workforce uses Macs, and if Roblox hopes to be the next Steam or Google Play, they really need to up their game on this front.

4 Likes

Yeah it was really disheartening to spend thousands of dollars on a top of the like Mac and have Studio freak out every few minutes. Like everything else runs with no issue, my computer is very powerful but Studio doesn’t seem very optimized to run on it.

4 Likes

They’ve really gotta take this issue seriously. I don’t even like working on my game anymore because every time ROBLOX Studio just makes me unproductive. I have literately gone on Instagram for 3 minutes straight while ROBLOX Studio was still frozen from moving a tree that was already in my game to another location… And don’t even get me started on testing the game -_-.

1 Like

I have been having this issue also. Although I did see the post relating to a possible fix (changing your computer’s graphics settings to generic RGB, unfortunately, I cannot find the post anymore,) it does seem to lighten the latency. Although when placing models or decals, the application seems to slow down dramatically.

1 Like

I also have those Problems and they already exist since 2018.
Roblox Studio runs great when I open it, means the Program but it starts being terrible when I open a Baseplate or any other Creation.
This issue really needs to be fixed.