Pet Animation - Cat Edition!

Hobbies, Hobbies! Which today allude the cat(s) I’ve been working on!
Even so, I admit I’m not the greatest animator, in fact, rather new to the topic!

Three animations are visible here, which I would love feedback on your opinions, what you’d like and what I should change to make them:

1. Smoother,
  2. More dynamic,
  3. Transition more easily,
  4. More variations.

Every idea will be greatly appreciated! :happy2:

Colours!

Animations!

All 3 cat Animations here!!!

Run Animation

Walk Animation

Idle Animation

Update: Following!

Research, reading community resources and after adjusting many magnitudes later…
I think we’re getting to the point of smooth following transitions!

Here!

14 Likes

This is really cool, what do you plan to do with it?

Optimise it as well as I can, maybe make a little showcase or release it at some point!

Good job @Aristotlese, this takes some skill to animate these kind of rigs, I would like to know what kind of Animating tool you have, cause I don’t see how you can animate one mesh like that! Or like 2k parts!?

I’m blown away,

Woah, those cats are nice, and same with the animations

1 Like

The model I made was going to be used for mesh deformation, but wouldn’t work in the current version of studio (Aside from Avatar evolution), so I used the knife tool in blender to chop them up into separate parts - Ideally I would use ball joints, but the process took way too much time for me to complete that! :happy1: 30 Parts in total.

1 Like
  • Very good job! I’m surprised it all fitted together like that!

looks really good! it will look even better when roblox adds skinned mesh parts into the normal roblox studio instead of beta.

I like the Black Cat with the Blue Eyes i think the animations are really good too and i like the cat style :slight_smile:

This is like adopt me pets. They animate and do different poses and more stuff that Dreamcraft added to adopt me pets. They are unique because they inserted animations in it.

For one, those models are epic. Secondly, those animations are very nice. It’s so impressive what people can do with animations these days! Keep up the good work!

(I would love to see an animated praying mantis :eyes:)

1 Like

Good work. Hope you do well in the future with these.

Adopt me pets?
I’ve noticed they have smooth animations, which I haven’t achieved yet :cry:
But I hope to achieve the same modelling and animation prowess as that - some day!

A system to change the colours, maybe? :smile:

A little prototype here… ~~~