Petroleum Refining Assets Feedback

I have made a post not too long ago about those wanting to see me continue and I have drew blanks on what I made before and so with that being said, I opted into starting on a clean slate! I think I have improved from what I had before as majority of this was actually done within Blender. I have started organizing files as well to manage anything that may end up missing this time and focusing on optimizations with poly limits.

The future of this is undecided as what I want to do, I lack the expertise in and may settle for a more simpler alternative until I can fund a coder, but for now, I am pleased with what I have so far!

Chrome is being unforgiving right now with the amount of tabs I have open learning through the entire process to accurately make every piece of equipment involved as best as I can or designed to specification from myself as best as I can if reliable photos cannot be found. No, I do not have a degree in chemical engineering. I am big dumb hehe. Google FTW.

Regardless of the matter, I do have a lot to share later but want to share what I have right now at the moment. It ain’t anything impressive so far but it will vary more.

The end goal or end game I do wish to make is a sandbox based tycoon where the player is taught the process and they make their own refinery, make it more efficient and import and export products, a game comparable to satisfactory but on a larger scale more complex level, but refinery aspect.

Again! Lot’s of coding that I cannot even fathom of doing. Brain hurts just by trying to make a module.

Peer feedback appreciated!

Here is the older furnace for reference of the Glowup I mentioned. The older, monstrosity I made as my first one.

9 Likes

Very impressive. I worked it Exxon for 21 years, and I think your models look great.

1 Like

Looks good but if your going for realistic have you heard of Smooth Shading? I’m not trolling. like you should smooth shade the gas tanks to look less blocky.

That gas tank is actually like that. It’s a Desalter, I found a reference image for it and that’s what it was like.

1 Like

I did some more but not much because I am attempting to understand the entire process. I am taking it piece by piece as a puzzle and building around it.

It not much but I am still going at it one bit at a time as it’s an entire confusing process for Oil Distillation and it’s byproduct processes.

These assets look good, nice job on them!

One day at a time, the entire process would include Atleast 50+ of them :sweat_smile: