PGS Stepper Motor Surface Type Initialization Physics Issues

When PGS physics is enabled and a part with the surface type “SteppingMotor” is attached to another part, at first run the joint attempts to initialize itself to an incorrect rotation. This causes parts to quickly rotate oddly and then settle moments later to the position set in ParamB.

This makes it rather difficult to make mechanical objects with stepping motors as they very quickly want to destroy themselves.

Also, for anyone who works on the wiki, I discovered no documentation on the current build of stepping motors with PGS enabled.

Attached is a super simple example of what is happening.

[quote] When PGS physics is enabled and a part with the surface type “SteppingMotor” is attached to another part, at first run the joint attempts to initialize itself to an incorrect rotation. This causes parts to quickly rotate oddly and then settle moments later to the position set in ParamB.

This makes it rather difficult to make mechanical objects with stepping motors as they very quickly want to destroy themselves.

Also, for anyone who works on the wiki, I discovered no documentation on the current build of stepping motors with PGS enabled.

Attached is a super simple example of what is happening. [/quote]

We’ll look into it. Thanks!

I’ve found and fixed the bug. It will go into the next release. Thanks for the bug report!

Woo! Now I can make things with them without them exploding first! Thanks!