Philips Hue Plugin

Hey folks, just released a small update,

This update includes some bug fixes and 2 new features

The first feature is Local Discovery, when you first install the plugin it will show every Bridge it can find on your local network, so you don’t have to enter the IP of the bridge.

The Second feature is Icon Support. you can now change the icon in the Philips hue app and it will apply to the plugin in studio

2 Likes

imagine if this was in a game somewhere, you are just chilling, then all of a sudden your house goes rainbow, im am so getting hue bulbs now

2 Likes

just an idea, can you expand on this and allow other smart light systems work along with it, maybe allow it to connect to Google home, or Alexa, which allows you to control all smart lights, and maybe even other smart things, lastly, maybe trying to see if you can allow this to be put as a module for ingame, I would love to see my room go disco while people are playing my game, idk why

The reason why this plugin can work is because the Philips hue bridge is a local server for your lighting, So if you want to control other brand lighting they would need to talk to the Philips hue bridge somehow.

If I would make a plugin to control all your lighting I would need to code a brand new plugin that talks with amazon their API’s but would still be a lot more complicated because you would need to give the plugin access to your account.

I dont think people would be confident hooking their personal details to a plugin from a random developer.

if you gave out the source code that would allow the user to change the data so it goes to them instead of you, it may work, but really to top it there is no point of allowing it to do that, would just be a cool thing you would use for a bit, then you get annoyed and turn it off.

This is awesome. Now it’d be cool if we could change a smart thermostat from inside a Roblox game. Cool resource anyways and I’ll definitely use it!

This is so cool!

Hi, im back, think its possible to have a module for in-game use? tempted to make a game that allows users to change my lighting, for a fee of course, don’t need them making my lights strobe. If you cant, is it alright if i reverse engineer the plugin code?

no becasue this works only locally.

Can you please make this free?