Philips Hue Plugin

I’ve recently released a new plugin called Philips Hue.
This plugin allows you to control your Philips hue lighting via Roblox studio!

Requirements:
You will need a Philips hue bridge and you will need the Philips hue app that available for Android and IOS

How to use:
Install the plugin and load up your studio, Make sure that your HTTP Requests are enabled.
Enter your Bridge IP (You can find this in your Philips hue app under settings > bridges > info)
Press the button on your bridge and press next!

The plugin will load all the lights that you have connected to that bridge and is ready for you to control them!

Screenshots

If you got any bugs, Suggestions or thoughts please post them here!

58 Likes

Let me get this straight - this allows you to customize the lights (irl) from your game? If so, that’s honestly sick!

7 Likes

Yes, this plugin uses the Philips hue web api to communicate over your local network to your bridge.

4 Likes

This is awesome! You can control the lighting in game but irl. I’m speechless. I got a few ideas to use this for…

4 Likes

Damn this is so creative and so cool! I really like your idea and this also gave me some ideas too. Thank you for your contribution

2 Likes

make it work in game and have people connect their bridge so you can make scripted events for them

4 Likes

It’d be hilarious to make all of your lights turn red (“EMERGENCY ALERT”) if one of your scripts detects obvious exploiting.

That’d only be realistic for a small game though, otherwise they’d probably be red all the time, lol.

14 Likes

i mean, if you have like a roleplay game you could set the user’s room ambience to the ingame place ambience
so if they go in a dark vulcano the lights will glow dark yellow

9 Likes

Wow!!! I am speechless! This has so many possibilities! It would be cool if they were connected to a game and changed color according to the color of the screen (ex, if a player is walking in a green field, the lights would turn green to match it). Can you open-source this please?

2 Likes

This is great. Nice creativity.

1 Like

I was thinking of doing this in my game, but there doesn’t seem to be an easy way to do it with Smart Life devices (unless you use IFTTT) :confused:

1 Like

After 2 weeks of recoding and redesigned the whole plugin the first update is finally here!

Things Added:

• Redesigned Gui
  • Text and icon turns black if the color saturation is too high.
  • Groups/Rooms and entertainment area’s (the plugin gets these from the Philips hue app)
  • Presets (Select a group, then click on the presets icon and click on the one you want to set your lighting to)

Things Changed:

• Light Off Collor (normally it would set it to rgb(20,20,20) not it sets to HSV(Hue,Sat.4)

Things Removed:

• White studio theme (the Philips hue app doesn’t have a light mode. so it would look odd if I would add it to this plugin.)
ScreenShots

image image
image image

If you have any issues, bugs or suggestions please let me know!

4 Likes

I keep getting this error with the plugin.

13:37:39.665 - Reset is not a valid member of Frame
13:37:39.665 - Stack Begin
13:37:39.665 - Script 'Plugin_4797774180.Hue Plugin.Hue', Line 616
13:37:39.667 - Stack End

should be fixed now, it was a temporary button that i forgot to remove the code for.

1 Like

Now the plugin only displays one group and the group name is unreadable. image

It says this.

18:46:16.695 - Plugin_4797774180.Hue Plugin.Hue:202: attempt to perform arithmetic (div) on nil and number
18:46:16.696 - Stack Begin
18:46:16.696 - Script 'Plugin_4797774180.Hue Plugin.Hue', Line 202 - function UpdateGradient
18:46:16.697 - Script 'Plugin_4797774180.Hue Plugin.Hue', Line 542 - function SetupGroups
18:46:16.697 - Script 'Plugin_4797774180.Hue Plugin.Hue', Line 595
18:46:16.698 - Stack End

The only reason why that error could pop up is if your group is disabled or your group has no lights in it. I will check this out tomorrow and make it failproof

I have 2 rooms and both have lights. Is there a difference between rooms and groups?

Nope the structure is the same

should be fixed now. image

This is awesome! Imagine implementing this in FPS games so your lights gradually change color after your health etc… Looking forward to this!

2 Likes