Photorealism Help

Hey everyone! I’m trying to make a tree house and this is the base for the front of it. Basing it off this:

This is my first ever attempt in building and I’m not sure how I did, I don’t like it personally but how do I improve this? and make a better door base.

2 Likes

its good for a WIP. i would just look at more references and try to create your own thing.

2 Likes

Thanks! Any ideas on how to improve it?

1 Like

It’ll look more realistic if/when you add more decorations around it. The lantern by the door, an address, etc.
Part of the door, you could add trim around the main wall (around the door/window) and add the materials/textures, as they help alot with realism.

2 Likes

What you have at the moment is good, i’d try to work on making the wall less flat. Add a realistic texture and create scuffs, ridges, and divots to achieve the photorealistic look you’re after.

1 Like

Mind if you show me an example?

1 Like

Well you can use the textures available on textures.com to add some realism.

Take a look at the reference image too, look where the texture might change and try apply that to the part.

2 Likes

I could model each plank to try and make like actual planks, if that works; but will def take this website to use!

2 Likes

Added some trims to the door if you look close,

and to the window.

Doesn’t look realistic, shoudl I like make the windows smaller? Not sure, meshes.

1 Like

I know this was ~5 days ago, but I’d recommend seeing how making the vertical line (trim or whatever) in the window, centered in it to see if it changes, as for the door if you’re going for a modern look, I’d highly recommend putting in textures/materials; basically colouring the door/model(s) before concerning yourself whether or not the map isn’t realistic (sorry if I worded that weirdly)

Another thing I forgot to mention, is Lighting. Sometimes it’s a hassle to build while using it but I’d recommend changing the Lighting Mode to “Future” and messing around with the Lighting settings, or finding a preset on Youtube. Lighting will make a big difference, especially in shadows!