Physcis doors help

So I have seen CFrame doors and TweenService doors but there are things called physics doors which use collision groups and prismatic constraints which effectively how it works but I have no clue anything about constraints or hinges so what would be a great way to learn how to use them and manipulate them using scripts?

Just experiment. Try creating constraints between parts and change their properties to see what it does. You can then consider changing those properties in your code. For example TargetAngle on a Servo HingeConstraint.

1 Like

I always used Motor6d and unanchored the door, and welded all the details to it. I am sure there’s a more efficient way of doing it though.

1 Like

I recently made this door model so others could see how HingeConstraint Servo Motors could be controlled.
You could also put a ClickDetector on the door as well to control the script, but then you’d have to take into account other devices.

1 Like

The Roblox YouTube channel has a playlist dedicated to constraint joints

I suggest looking at videos 2-4 which deal with how you can make a door open and close automatically.

1 Like