Physics acting differently from studio vs. in-game?

Hi all,

I’m seeking some guidance on an issue that came up today. Seemingly overnight, my physics in game have gone awry. What’s even more confusing is that everything still functions fine in studio. Here’s some clips below:

Clip of physics working correctly in studio -

Clip of physics not working in game -

I’ve notice that the flinging of the ball only occurs while turning the mouse, strafing causes no issues. To make it even more interesting, I’ve tested the game on mobile and the physics work properly. I’ve also checked past saves to see if it was due to any update that I’ve implemented, but still get the same results.

I’m pretty lost here… Any insight on this issue is greatly appreciated!

Hi all, I got an update.

I was suggested by a friend to set PhysicsSteppingMethod in workspace from Default to Fixed, which seems to have fixed the issue. I’m still confused as to why this became a problem as just a few days ago, it worked fine as Default. I’m going to leave this up for a bit longer in hopes that someone could explain this to me. I’ll close it later tonight if I don’t get any responses.

This usually happens when there are many parts in your game where the physics get’s a bit wonky. I think, I may not be right but that’s just my assumption of this.

Interesting, thanks for the insight!