Physics-based slime

I just saw a cool shorts where it showcased slimes on roblox engine and how they manage to “stick” and smoothly fall off the character. It got me wondering how I can recreate this; or was this not made in roblox? They also have the same system for fluids.

8 Likes

That video was made in blender, what you are looking for is a softbody system, I made one native in roblox a few months ago, I can send that here in some time.

12 Likes

Oh sure! I am interested.

5 Likes

Okay I can send it tomorrow when I get back home.

8 Likes

cube.rbxm (37.0 KB)
It uses mesh deformation it isn’t as sticky or soft as the example you sent but you could increase the size and change some properties.

3 Likes

cubewithnegativeinfinityresistanceandlessbones.rbxm (34.1 KB)

1 Like

Sorry for bumping but I’ve managed to make a working (with the help of my friend) similar slime using smartbones and it’s also client-side.

jelloooo.rbxm (6.6 KB)
Keep in mind you need SmartBones

2 Likes

Hi, that is cool!

What do I need to do with Smartbones plugins and your model?

Thanks

You just follow the instructions in SmartBone 2 - Simulated Physics and Collision solution for Bones and it should work, usually the scripts.
SmartBoneRunTime should be ReplicatedFirst
While SmartBone in ReplicatedStorage
smartbonesettings.rbxm (13.9 KB)

1 Like

Softbody sims in roblox are really weird to what I know. But this video wasn’t made using the roblox engine.

It was indeed. Just using Smartbones, the mesh however was made in blender to make it friendly with smartbone.

Oh nvm you are right, it was made in blender yeah. But it was to replicate something similar in roblox, look above.

can you make a YT of the process of getting the bones to work in roblox and have movement?

Cool, thanks, I will check it out, thanks for sharing.