Physics: Improved Stability PGS Solver - Call for Test Places

Hi Devs!

We have a big stability improvement to the PGS solver that we would like to test in real games. It fixes issues with jittery over-constrained mechanisms, and improves behavior of large mechanisms.

We need volunteers to flip the flag on their existing PGS enabled games. Let me know if you are interested!

41 Likes

Yes please. Letโ€™s hope it solves our space program when cars crash or drift.

7 Likes

Is it the thing that was showed at RDC?

2 Likes

Time to abuse physics even more!

6 Likes

Yes this was announced at RDC

1 Like

I have physics based vents that players can crawl through. They sometimes get glitchy.

Would that test be any use to you?

Weโ€™re using alot of constraints at the following places. Thank you for these stability updates, and I hope you can add us to the tester list!

2 Likes

This I assume?

(1:33:46 if it doesnโ€™t start there)
6 Likes

Yup. LDL-PGS Solver.

7 Likes

Would anyone here mind posting their before and after comparison gifs here? :eyes:

4 Likes
34 Likes

This place I think would classify as a large mechanism. Itโ€™s an entire worldly object rotating

ID

2 Likes

What do they mean flip the flag?

We are able to test some features only on selected places. This means that the new feature doesnโ€™t affect the entire population of places

2 Likes

Oh uh we have a car based game with suspension that could test it.

Maybe you should try your rope bridge again.

Would like to volunteer my game. 200~ concurrent players, has two character models that are snakes that use BallSockets and other constraints. Can report back here if anything goes hilariously wrong. Game wonโ€™t die if the snakes stop working, so no worries.
ID: 463915360

2 Likes

ID: 1758009823

1 Like

Working on a variety of constraints-heavy projects in these 3 places & they tend to spazz out at times so itโ€™d be interesting to test out here :yum:

1 Like

Could be useful with our chassis.
ID: 1217145310

1 Like

Heres my game with a vehicle chassis that uses PGS.

ID: 1877415988

2 Likes