Physics Question

Not sure where to put this, since there is no “Physics Support”, scripting is the closest.

Those more experienced among you know, that if you move a part with TweenService, if a player stands on it, the player won’t move, and will fall off the platform, because the platform isn’t moving with physics.

Since I want the player to move with the platform (Train), I move the platform using AlignPosition, and it works like a charm.

However I also want the player to rotate with the platform. I rotate the platform using AlignOrientation, which logically should work, since it’s physics, but the player doesn’t rotate with the platform, and stays facing the same direction.

Why is this happening and how to fix this?

I know of solutions like raycasting and rotating the player in a script. I can do that, I don’t want to do that. I want everything to work with pure physics, as it should.

1 Like

Anchor the player to the platform so that when they step on it, they become anchored and spin along with it. You could also consider checking the friction, but anchoring seems to be the simplest solution.

Nevermind I just realised why this is happening. I have a script that manually makes the player face where they are looking at (custom shiftlock).
I’ll modify the script.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.