Physics when PivotTo used on skinned meshes are stretching

So if you use the PivotTo after it’s cloned, the engine will stretch skinned mesh if it’s a humanoid rigs, My code currently clones and move it to the assigned position where it was given from the CFrameValue changes before character is destroyed.

Expected behavior

Characters given to have ragdolls positioned at HumanoidRootPart should get all the limbs steady and positioned at where it should be according to CFrame Value, This was only in the old version of game engine.

Actual Behavior

after an update on 2024-02-08T17:00:00Z it now seems to stop setting the model to where it was, it doesn’t seem to get entire body except LowerTorso as seen in the video, currently this only happens to studio and mobile as for PC it remains unchanged and impossible to spot

currently there is no temporary solution i can use as other ways cause an output spamming and less efficient, i rechecked the code and it remains unchanged and still working as what it’s supposed to be.

Reproduction Steps

• Make 2 characters with a skinned mesh and 2 folders for each, One is the main character where it has skinned mesh and one that becomes ragdolled, put each into where the model should belong e.g main character > ReplicatedStorage > foldername, and remote event on ReplicatedStorage and one RemoteEvent (use ragdoll module you have for this one)

• One LocalScript made inside StarterPlayerScripts that handles cloning based from it’s name after received by remote events, Inside a main character, make a Server script and script it to make humanoid died event and Destroying event.

• For Destroying event, if possible, add CFrameValue to the HumanoidRootPart to store or just send CFrame by storing in the FireAllClients() but i prefer using CFrameValue and for the Died event, you call Destroy on the model so it can trigger Destroying event first.

• and in the localscript, clone the model, ragdoll, position and then parent it to the workspace after humanoid is dead and has sent the remote

• kill the NPC and the result comes up like it was in the Actual Behavior section

1 Like

We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database, and we’ll follow up when we have an update!

Thanks for the report!

1 Like

Hi @pankii_kust,
Thanks for the report! Would it be possible to get a placefile reproducing this issue, please?

hihi there

it was silently fixed after months and no longer happening to the game.

Oh great! Thanks for the update :slight_smile: