Piggy Character (Your movements)

Hey there Robloxians Devs! How y’all doing? :wave:t2:

I made a Piggy character by following this 2 videos:

1 - HOW TO MAKE A PIGGY CUSTOM CHARACTER (Part 1) (OUTDATED) - YouTube
2 - HOW TO MAKE A PIGGY CUSTOM CHARACTER (Part 2) (OUTDATED) - YouTube

The Piggy character rigs working normal and animation as well, all working perfectly :ok_hand:t2:

But the thing is that after this, I wanted to know how you could make the Piggy character follow you (Basically a bot NPC) and kills you since the video just only show how to make the body and the animation and be a piggy with a morph pad which my idea is only to make the Piggy character be a bot that just follow and kill you, no morph pads or no player mode to be the NPC

And If there’s someone who can help me out with this to know what to script, where to put the Script in the character parts, I would really really appreciate it! :+1:t2:

Thanks y’all! :v:t2:

• Juan
2 Likes

To make the piggy follow a player, for example the nearest player, and even wonder a round a little bit, you will have to combine pathfinding and :MoveTo method. It’s relatively long process to make a really good smart NPC (e.g. including jumping, animations, different abilities), so I think you should take a look at @Alvin_Blox’s Piggy game series, which include pretty much everything you are looking for. His content is really friendly, understandable and supportive, so you should have no problem following it.

Have a good time!

1 Like

I can’t script and can’t really help you but want to thank you as I’ve been waiting for such a tutorial series for ages. Hope you find someone who’ll be able to help you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well I hope that this message from @EssenceExplorer can help me out!

I also don’t know scripts because it’s complicated for me but I think following every step from the Alvin Blox’s video, I can make it good smart NPC. I’m not sure if it’s okay if you already have the body and the animations all done but just need to make the NPC to follow you and kill but I still hope that this tutorial helps me out!

1 Like

That is of course perfectly fine, and gives you a head start. As far as complexity goes, even though pathfinding difficulty level is often considered intermidiate to advanced, that shouldn’t scare you at all. Not only does Alvin_Blox tends to explain relatively complex topics in a simplified manner and does it successfully, but pathfinding also isn’t complicated once you get the know the service, and so called methods (functions) it provides.

1 Like

Aight! I’m going to see If I can learn how to make the pathfinding and learn the functions!