[Pilot] Creator Affiliate Program: Apply to Earn From New Roblox Users

We want to attract users to Roblox that wouldn’t have joined Roblox otherwise.

This might require affiliates to produce new kinds of content that do not yet exist on the platform to appeal to such new audiences, or they might need to apply new strategies for marketing where the cost isn’t viable currently unless we as a platform help with subsidizing that cost. These are challenges that may take significant time/effort/cost/risk to achieve.

We want to compensate affiliates through this program so there’s a reason for them to take on these difficult challenges, so we can grow the Roblox audience and content diversity on the platform.

5 Likes

In the current iteration of the affiliate program, the owner of the link (the advertiser) will get the affiliate payout as they did the effort to attract the users to the platform. It is possible this might change in the future but we currently have no plans to change that. Please post your feedback in this thread so we can take it into consideration.

(For links you create that go to your own experiences, you would earn the affiliate payout as you are simultaneously the owner of the experience and the owner of the link, of course.)

4 Likes

Well Um I have neither of these, but from one of the mentioned countries:

I guess I might be able to get some of my school friends, mates, etc into Roblox as new audiences.

I have just one question, are these all the necessary requirements or not? And can any other apply for it? Like me?

6 Likes

Thinking about it actually, I think owner of the linked experience should also get some of that 50% if the referred user joins that experience.

Consider this: Let’s assume that it’s a YouTube video and a new user got interested in the experience. They’ll probably sign up for that specific experience and it’s also likely that they will want to join more experiences after that one, if they liked the platform and the experience. They might not make purchases in the first experience, but since it’s a program which has a goal of getting new users to the platform and not exactly making them buy Robux on the first join, I think the linked experience also has a role on new user acquisition.

I assume Roblox will probably use analytics to see the percentage of players who a) didn’t play the experience but still signed up and made purchases, b) contributed to engagement statistics of the target experience below average but still made purchases in other experiences, while the pilot program is ongoing, and see if the target experience really plays a role in new user acquisition.

It can be said that experiences will already earn from the purchases the user makes (since they will spend the robux some time later), but if the experiences are considered as landing pages and a “first try” content for new users, I think that experiences probably matter, but it might be too early to say anything, especially when us devs don’t have any data about this.

2 Likes

Would be interesting to see if an api becomes available to see whether the users account was created from our game link. Could add in rewards then for using our link.

2 Likes

It’s helpful to have multiple requirements or at least one of them and when your application is good, the quality requirement is already being met, so I’d say almost anyone is allowed to apply to it.

1 Like

This is a clever mechanism:

Rewarding those very generously who bring new people to the platform while being able to package that into a link to something on the platform the affiliate can choose.

1 Like

I think Roblox could have this catalog of items for every event, they have the usual 5-7 free prizes you earn from event games, but also a selection of like 5-10 items which are event-themed, and users can spend their “TIX” on if they want to. This way Roblox could also collaborate with UGC Creators and include custom creations in their events stores. (The UGC Creator would receive event TIX for selling their items)

Anyways, I’d still keep it away from robux to prevent botting, farming and stuff

1 Like

You should just apply if you’re interested. We review all applications manually and eventually plan to open this Program to all assuming everything goes well.

3 Likes