[Pilot] Creator Affiliate Program: Apply to Earn From New Roblox Users

Hi Creators,

Today, we’re excited to invite you to apply to the pilot of our new Creator Affiliate Program. Your creativity has helped fuel Roblox’s growth, and we want to reward you for bringing new users to the platform.

If accepted into our pilot, you can earn up to 50% of spend when new users sign up via your affiliate share links and purchase Robux.

Earnings are capped at $100 USD per new user and based on their first six months of purchasing Robux. We’re starting with a pilot through the end of 2024 and intend to expand to all eligible creators by mid-2025. Since this is a pilot, we may adjust revenue share and terms as we learn.

:point_right: Apply to the Creator Affiliate Program Here

Affiliate_Banner

Who should apply?

We are looking for creators, influencers, and game studios with one or more of the following:

1. Track record of successful games and products either on or off Roblox, as demonstrated by your player counts, sales estimates, and overall popularity.
  2. Ability to fill unmet needs and reach new audiences in growing genres (e.g., open-world action, sports, driving, social cooperation) and markets (e.g., Japan, India, Germany, Brazil, and South Korea).
  3. Strong presence on social, video, and gaming platforms, as demonstrated by your follower count, post engagement, and more.
  4. Marketing expertise as demonstrated by the creativity and success of your past marketing campaigns and the quality of your Creator Affiliate Program application.

You must be 13+, meet our Community Standards, and be based in countries supporting DevEx to apply. Creators under 18 will need parental permission. You can see more details about how we plan to evaluate applicants in the FAQ below.

What steps will affiliates have to take after being accepted?

If you’re accepted into the program as an affiliate, you can:

1. Generate affiliate share links for any Roblox experience via Creator Hub
  2. Promote your links to off-platform audiences on social and other channels
  3. Earn revenue share when new users sign up to Roblox from your links and buy Robux

Example of affiliate share link creation (you can create links to any experience)

How and when will I get paid?

You’ll receive daily Robux payouts for qualifying earnings, with a two-month delay between user purchases and affiliate payments. You can exchange Robux for real money via our DevEx program if you qualify.

How are affiliate payouts calculated?

As mentioned above, you can earn up to 50% of eligible purchases of Robux per user (up to $100 USD) within the first six months of that user signing up to Roblox from your affiliate link.

How can I track affiliate share link analytics?

We will be launching analytics for the affiliate program later this month. You’ll be able to see the total referrals, qualified new user sign-ups (e.g., excluding alt accounts), and estimated revenue your campaigns have generated in Creator Hub.

Example of affiliate share link analytics

If you’re interested in the Affiliate Program, please apply today. We expect to onboard affiliates on a rolling basis starting in late September. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments.

FAQs

Click here to view the FAQs

Can I promote any Roblox experience via my affiliate share links?

• Yes, you can create affiliate share links for any experiences, including those you don’t own. You can also create multiple affiliate share links to different experiences.

How can I track performance and estimated earnings?

• You’ll have access to a dashboard in Creator Hub showing new user sign ups and estimated earnings per affiliate share link.

What kind of promotion is expected from affiliates?

• We encourage active off-platform promotion through social media, ads, and other marketing channels. We also value creators who build mechanics in their experiences that encourage players to invite their real-world friends to join them.

Do users need to spend Robux on my experience so that I can earn?

• No. Your earnings are based on when new users purchase Robux on the platform and not whether they spend those Robux in a specific experience.

How do you define a new user?

• A new user is anyone who signs up for Roblox and doesn’t already have an alternative account. We reserve the right to review, investigate, as well as suspend users or accounts in instances we identify behavior we believe to violate our Community Standards.

Can I tell in experience if a player joined the experience via the affiliate link?

• Not initially at launch, but we are looking into supporting this (with custom LaunchData integration).
103 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

I don’t mean to be that guy but Check out*

31 Likes

Welcome back Ambassador Program

23 Likes

not to be that guy, but the people have to know

17 Likes

Welcome back, Ambassador Program. We missed you dearly.

74 Likes

What a wonderful idea! I like the concept behind this, reminds me of the Ambassador program.

I like how older features are being brought back

• Big thumbnails on experiences’ discovering page (home page)
  • Soon Parties & chat
  • Affiliate program
  • And even TIX (Sorta).

Would be nice to see more stuff being re-introduced, like the best friends feature, and possibly TIX becoming the permanent events currency!

13 Likes

The ambassador program was quite different, since it rewarded per active link location rather than per conversion, the links weren’t properly targeted (only went to your user profile, you could not target e.g. an experience), and the reward was miniscule (2 Tickets per link per day, assuming 20 Tix = 1 Robux meaning you could earn up to <10 bucks a year at best). The ambassador program was intended for user-to-user referral traffic.

This program instead is intended for creators (experience owner, influencer, avatar catalog creator, …) and awards you per signed up user via your link and you get a significant platform cut of all of the purchases they make. There’s a serious financial incentive here if you manage to bring new, valuable users to the platform!

26 Likes

Looks like I’m gonna have to start my social media apology campaign :sob:. With my new affiliate link!

13 Likes

50% is an unbelievable cut, imo it’ll benefit the creators in the program a lot.

12 Likes

This is VERY COOL! THANK YOU ROBLOX!

8 Likes

wow… that amazing and it’s will help the developer that making game for showcase

6 Likes

Looking for some clarification on payouts, when a new user buys $100 worth of Robux (i.e. 10,000), does the affiliate get 50% of that in Robux USD value (5,000 Robux), or $50 in DevEx exchange rate value (14,285 Robux)? In the first scenario the % cut is realistically just 17.5%, as per $100 spent, the affiliate would only receive $17.5 in USD value.

Really hoping the latter is correct :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

I’m not successful but my current project will bring in people from outside the Roblox audience. I’m making a 3d platformer in high quality and a more off Roblox design. I am marketing off Roblox and I took a class on marketing, in addition to studying my genre and other things in my free time extensively. Heck, I’ve written a research paper about my genre.

Despite all my qualifications for this, I’m not successful. And thus, just like my application for Roblox’s feedback program, my application will not be accepted.

Here’s to hoping my years of experience and knowledge will make my current project successful so I can take part in this program, and others, for my next project. :heart_hands::pray:

10 Likes

It is 50% of the value and we convert that back with the DevEx ratio to ensure you can cash that out again for the same value provided you are eligible for DevEx.

So you’d be getting closer to that 14K Robux number.

Caveat: we deduct VAT before calculating the share for applicable purchases. You may be getting a bit less than precisely 14,285 Robux for that reason for that specific instance.

13 Likes

What would be some good ideas as far as what to do with TIX if they returned? Asking out of curiousity.

8 Likes

i’m very impressed, but why does roblox need more users? it’s already a household name. not to complain with the 50% cut!

8 Likes

Roblox hopes to reach 10 percent of the global gaming market. Past that, Roblox hopes to reach 1 billion users.

10 Likes

Assuming you created a link to a game you do not own, who would get the pay? The owner of the game you are linking to, or the advertiser?

5 Likes

The affiliate program rewards those who bring players to the platform, therefore the “advertiser” (affiliate) will be paid regardless of whether or not they own the linked experience.

7 Likes